Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Smash Books?

The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper! Dragonfly Jane's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (109)

Smash Books?

This thread has been automatically created, because the original thread had over 250 posts.

The original thread was located HERE.

The first post was....

I keep seeing smash books mentioned, can someone tell me what they are? don't want to miss anything good
    Please feel free to carry on......

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    DH bought me a BIA the other day - which I am loving by the way - and last night I started on my first Smash Book. Although I have been punching the pages etc I am not going to actually bind it yet (held together with book rings for now) until I am happy I have got everything I want in.

Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys and memory keeper/scrapbooker Mrs Cheshire's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (29)
    good plan shelly, I think I'm going to put together a book to keep the bits from our holiday in. Will have to get my Cinch out which I've not used yet!
    Dawn
    Team Leader My Blog
    July Points Slo7, DLO, Weekly Challenges wk1= wk2= wk3= wk4= Hc= Mini books= Total

Dreaming of very early retirement! YorkshireKaren's Avatar
    View Gallery

I made my own Smash book at a retreat in Whitby last weekend, with Leeds Paper Dolls. Everyone liked it so much they all ended up making one!! I used someone's BIA, which I said I'd never buy, and guess what...now I want one too!
    I absolutely love my Smash book, and glued in bits and bobs during the weekend. A friend also taught me how to use gesso and neocolours, and tissue stamping, so guess where I practised....yes, in my Smash book!! It's my new best friend, because it's all bits and bobs it doesn't matter so much, and doesn't feel as worrying as staring at a blank page in my art journal, IYKWIM?
    For all of you who are wondering about them, go ahead and make one!
    Here is my cover...

Dedicated Scrapper Scrappy~Sarah's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    anyone know where I can get a 3 hole punch to fit the paperchase ringbinders?

Sarah

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy~Sarah View Post
    anyone know where I can get a 3 hole punch to fit the paperchase ringbinders?
    Can't you make a template and use a cropadile or big bite? You've probably thought of this already - but I'm mentioning it because I should imagine a three-hole punch would be an expensive thing to buy

View Gallery

Hi, yes I bought the Paperchase binder, I bought a cheap hole punch (£3.99) think it was Dovecraft and created a template so each new page I can pencil in the holes and cut them out. Works fine.

Dedicated Scrapper Scrappy~Sarah's Avatar
    View Gallery

Yes thought I would do a template, just thought it would be easier if there was a punch out there. Think this is a little short sighted on the maker of the file

Sarah

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I used my "smash" book on holiday to help me record the week and store memorabilia and my project life cards. I'm now transferring stuff into my project life folder xxx

Veni, Vidi,Visa.... I came, I saw, I shopped :D ScrappyDandyDoo's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    My hubby bought me a BIA two years ago for my birthday and I haven't used it once!!! I'm too scared of the bloomin thing I have been thinking of getting it out at long last and making my own

A wizard is never late - he arrives precisely when he means to hazgizz's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    I was with Karen in Whitby last weekend and we all enjoyed making our smash books.

I made one for all my concert tickets (that are currently in the loft in a box!) and intend to make another for our holiday to Thailand in November.

Thanks to Emma (whizzy) for doing a sterling job decorating with mists
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

DSC02775 (2).jpg

DSC02780 (2).jpg

DSC02794 (2).jpg

I don't know if I've done this right but this should be some pictures from my Smash book.

A wizard is never late - he arrives precisely when he means to hazgizz's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    Wow that looks great. Think I'm going to use book rings for my next one so you can add pages to it.

Make EVERY day your new blank canvas cantstopstampin's Avatar
    No longer in my little village, still in Staffs, but I AM happy !
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    Julie, I can't believe you're scared of the BIA - with the beautiful things you create - your BIA will do you proud. Go on get it out luv