Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Smash Books?

The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper! Dragonfly Jane's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (109)

Smash Books?

I keep seeing smash books mentioned, can someone tell me what they are? don't want to miss anything good
    Christmas Gift Bag Goodie Swap
    Christmas Stocking Swap

Procrastinating Scrapper... Weaselwise's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (46)
    Oh my! So simple yet so effective (and I so want that pen/gluestick combo...)

Anyone selling these in the UK yet do we know?
    ...Weasel AKA Suzie...
    Wise Weasel Witterings ... Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!

The last remaining B-17 still flying in the UK (apparently!!!) SallyB's Avatar
    Bucks. With beautiful birds in my garden!!!
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Am I alone here?! What's the point!!! If you're working at your craft desk, you're going tohave your glue and pens there anyway!! If not, why not take a pritt stick and a pen with you and your book!! Hahahahahahaha
    Sally xx

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Smash book? Been doing these for years only I thought it was just an old fash ioned scrap/jotting/note book!
    My blog
    www.nanagin.blogspot.com

Better a creative mess than an idle tidiness.

Make EVERY day your new blank canvas cantstopstampin's Avatar
    No longer in my little village, still in Staffs, but I AM happy !
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    OM - what a FABULOUS video - love it, thank you so much for sharing.

Dedicated Scrapper scrappinsilly's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    Quote Originally Posted by ginny View Post
    Smash book? Been doing these for years only I thought it was just an old fash ioned scrap/jotting/note book!
    Yup we used to do them when we were young didnt we? Now we are giving away our age ...

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (35)
    Yep we did!I used to have one on the go all the time!

Lynne
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (79)
    I do like the pen/glue combo.

The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper! Dragonfly Jane's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (109)
    Thanks everyone, the video showed it really well. It was like a blast from the past though, they are just like a posh version of the ones we use to do as kids. Not sure that the generation after me even did them, the digital age came in and alot of stuff like that seem to disappear for kids, can't remember my god children doing anything like that.

They were big scrap books we use to use with either grey or different coloured sugar paper inside and we stuck everything in them. I guess it was something many of use moved away from as we got older and scrapbooking came in, though even that has changed since the early days. To start with people put lots of everyday items in scrapbooks now they are more of an art form to many, what with all the fancy stuff around now.

I think the smash books look great and I could be tempted, but it would depend on the price. I'd guess they will be all acid free and pretty etc but if you are putting any old thing in, I can't see the real benefit of acid free pages and I would imagine that the glue/pen would dry up quick I never seem to have much luck with glue pens. I wonder if they still make them old style scrap books?
    Christmas Gift Bag Goodie Swap
    Christmas Stocking Swap

Nutter Extraordinaire!! scrappydiva's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    Yes they still do those old style grey/blue sugar paper scraps books. I bought one for my DD1 to stick stuff in about a year ago. I think I got it in Tesco's actually.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    Over on the USA boards, they're really excited about these books, but I just don't get it. As I understand it, there are different varieties (colours, etc.) and themes. It would make much more sense to me, however, to make your own rather than trying to find one that fits your needs. It would be cheaper, too!

MrsT Living in the Sun
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I think you could do the same job with an altered spiral bound notebook for a lot less money. I can see the point for something like a holiday when maybe you have a lot of tickets, etc. I sometimes seem to have too many bits to actually scrap but maybe I don't want to throw them away. I don't think its suppossed to take over from a proper LO, just be an extra.

Typical phrase: "Ooh I could scrap that!" Nabview's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    I was lucky enough to receive a baby Smash book when they had a giveaway on their blog - I blogged it here: http://notesonpaper.blogspot.com/201...mash-book.html

I too started off saying you could make one yourself ... but they are very nice ... and I do like the look of all the 'extras' you can get like the tapes / stickers etc
    Find me on my blog: Notes on Paper; on Twitter: @notesonpaper and here on Pinterest.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    They are on sale on the K & Co website here: http://kandcompany.eksuccessbrands.c...t/SMASH+1.aspx
    $12.99 in the States, so will be at least £12.99 over here...... I too love the idea, but won't be buying one - I can find notebooks a lot cheaper then that! :-) Got a lovely moleskin one in WHSmith in a sale a while back for £3! Just thought some of you might be intrested in the link. :-) Jude.x

ETA: I could be convinced with some of the "accessories" though - and the pen/glue stick is on there at $2.99.
    Last edited by HeyJude!; 21-05-2011 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Add more info