Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Hybrid View

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Oh MaryAnne, thank you so much for taking all that time to answer my questions I really do appreciate it and you've given me answers to things that have puzzled me for a while. I can see what you mean about people using FB etc... which I don't. This is as close to social media as I come and I see what you mean about us sharing problems in the various threads. I know in our snapchat group we definitely snap and chat and if we wish to discuss something private we can pm or email. I always point newbies in that direction.

I remember when I joined and did scrap a lot in those days I was welcomed onto the SLYMI thread and I remember so many of the lovely ladies from then who sadly don't seem to be on here anymore. I often wonder why and if they are okay.

One thing I do think is important, if I see someone has posted a LO in the gallery and they are new, I try to make sure to leave an encouraging comment, I feel that is important for making them feel welcome. I remember the first time I did that and it was nerve wracking and some kind words of encouragement go a long way.

Thanks again for taking the time to explain everything.

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Quote Originally Posted by Susie.A View Post
    Oh MaryAnne, thank you so much for taking all that time to answer my questions I really do appreciate it and you've given me answers to things that have puzzled me for a while. I can see what you mean about people using FB etc... which I don't. This is as close to social media as I come and I see what you mean about us sharing problems in the various threads. I know in our snapchat group we definitely snap and chat and if we wish to discuss something private we can pm or email. I always point newbies in that direction.
    Very helpful. The forum need new blood as much as it needs old members to come back and be active

I remember when I joined and did scrap a lot in those days I was welcomed onto the SLYMI thread and I remember so many of the lovely ladies from then who sadly don't seem to be on here anymore. I often wonder why and if they are okay.

One thing I do think is important, if I see someone has posted a LO in the gallery and they are new, I try to make sure to leave an encouraging comment, I feel that is important for making them feel welcome. I remember the first time I did that and it was nerve wracking and some kind words of encouragement go a long way.

Thanks again for taking the time to explain everything.
    Also a very valid point. I think commenting on the posts in the Gallery is a great way to engage with people. It doesn't take much - while a long comment citing specific things you like about a layout is lovely, even a simple Great Layout - love the colours! post is encouraging and can go a long way to give confidence to someone who is just dipping a toe in the water, IYKWIM.

If everyone who posts a layout decides to "give back" by then commenting on say 3 layouts, then the Gallery will become more vibrant a space and more inspirational for all. Maybe if everyone is looking at other posts more often, not just from their friends or teammates, they might find inspiration in an unlikely place...