Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Thread: Curio

Hybrid View

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Anne View Post
    I have embossed and cut on the same mat but have been very careful to do test cuts first to make sure the cut isn't too deep and so far my mat is OK - seems a bit like a self healing mat. I have tried embossing then changing to the cutting mat for the cut but I can't get it to line up. My mat has lost some of it's stickiness already but is still working OK. I have wiped it over with damp cloth and that seems to have revived it a bit but am not willing to try repositionable spray until it is well worn out as I'm afraid it could really damage the soft surface if it stuck too much to your card. I would say that for me debossing gives a crisper finish than embossing. In the attached photo I just debossed, without scoring then cut. I used pen fill too but should have reduced the thickness as the setting in the software is too high and it nearly went through my card !!
    It's lovely Shirley did you use 250gsm card with this too

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    It's lovely Shirley did you use 250gsm card with this too
    No this was on thinner card Doreen but without the score as when I tried that it cut right through even though the blade was on one, I should may be have tried with a thinner shim but I couldn't be bothered !! It a bit of a learning game I think. I have had really good results with thicker pearl card though so it may depend on the card finish as well.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Anne View Post
    No this was on thinner card Doreen but without the score as when I tried that it cut right through even though the blade was on one, I should may be have tried with a thinner shim but I couldn't be bothered !! It a bit of a learning game I think. I have had really good results with thicker pearl card though so it may depend on the card finish as well.
    Thanks Shirley. I agree there is more to it than with the Cameo and Portrait. i think I'll try the embossing on some 160gsm card that I've already got but I wont get the chance till monday

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    Thanks Shirley. I agree there is more to it than with the Cameo and Portrait. i think I'll try the embossing on some 160gsm card that I've already got but I wont get the chance till monday
    I think I saw on a blog to use cotton card stock. Seems it's a bit *softer*. I can't remember which blog sorry.
    Keep us posted, please! xx