Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    I was watching Mel cut a doily on the machine this morning but it only cut the outline the white pieces that make the centre pattern weren't cut out.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Unfortunately they only tend to do very simple scan & cut demos which don't really give the whole picture. It will cut land locked areas but only with files that have been loaded into the machine, either built in ones or via a USB. Jenny x

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

We are enjoying experience with the ScanNCut - but there are buts. It won't handle fine cuts as we have come to expect from the Cameo and Studio but it does the heavy less intricate work great. The design software is very weak but you can design using other software and then scan into the machine.

The supply of consumables is non-existent (we have been waiting for pen-holder and pens since the first week after launch). As things stand, C&C (the sole supplier for Europe) are not able to say when these items will be available. I wouldn't advise anyone who was looking for full functionality from the machine to contemplate purchasing until our supplier (C&C) has sorted out their supplier (Brother et al).
    Eddie
    Last edited by ed dawson; 25-02-2014 at 12:56 PM. Reason: typo

View Gallery

Yes, I am finding that the scanner will only pick up very clear outlines so it's best to fill designs black where possible. I do mine on Sillhouette and then print to scan into S&C or save onto USB. It certainly doesn't like intricate designs but it is cutting fabric beautifully once I found the right depth of cut and pressure with test cuts. I went by the settings quoted in the quick start guide and found them much too much so don't go by that any more! Jenny x