Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    If you look in the Gallery countrycrafter is doing/has done project life in what looks like 81/2 x 11 or A4 size

Cris

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    I also like the look of Project life so I basically went to staples bought an A4 binder and a mix of business card inserts and photo inserts (both are clear and A4 size sheets divided into pockets.
    This way I still get the same look but for a fraction of the price

HTH

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    I went to boots who have 50% off photo albums at the moment, and bought some 5x7 photo albums - my photos fit in with a bit of space round the outside for a simple bit of PP. I don't get the variation in size like you do with the other systems, but it's cheap and easy: i can just chuck the photos & other bits in there and scrap them later if I want.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Thanks for the you tube links! I have watched the third one, you're right she's great. Having dipped my toe in the water of scrapbooking sites / blogs etc, I have been struck how SERIOUSLY some people seem to take it, and how much MONEY there is in this industry - in the sates at least. It's a bit full-on for a newbie!

I'm quite 'arty' and have always liked making things, but I'm just not very good at documenting our family life or our baby's first years. I like what Stacey quoted - 'don't let your children grow up to be jpegs' - that's exactly what I've done to this point!

I like all your ideas about using straight ordinary photo albums. I have got the Simple Stories 6x8 binder now, and some of their papers, and they are beautiful. I am going to make that binder a sort of PL for the new baby (WHEN she finally arrives!!) and then move on to doing a more family focussed general one in a larger format - but maybe not a full 12x12. I would rather have a small thing I can keep up with and feel good about, rather than something I will find overwhelming and give up on.

Also, I went on the Simple STories website, and their new Sn@p range looks fabulous, lots of journalling cards in different sizes like the ones in PL, but hopefully a bit easier to get over here! So might order some of those when they are availbale.

I'm loving the lovely papers I ordered - I can totally see how buying this stuff could get addictive!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    Ahh - that's really good ! I think she is quite addictive and in all this industry which is about perfection and spending money and everything matching - she is all about telling the story and the rest is a bonus !
    she has lots of quick videos and i listen to them every now and again - and each time you listen - there is something which hits home
    I think it's a good idea that you start small - and you can always make it bigger if you want
    The official project life is no more than a folder, some page protectors and little journalling cards - it's all about hype and selling - so as you all say - an ordinary folder and some pp's and you have the same thing !

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Just wanted to check back in with this thread. I have been so in love with the simple stories mix and match albums I am doing - it has really encouraged me to give pl a go, after this baby arrives. I still have not decided which products t use (love the look of the new simple stories snap collection!) but I'm excited! So thanks all for your help!