Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)

About digi downloads

I love some of the digi imaged available for download and have downloaded some lovely freebies given by some lovely people. The question is this..... what if you want to use promarkers? What paper do you then print onto? Up till now I have stamped on thick card-like paper but can't print onto that.
    What do you do? xx

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    If I'm printing digi images to use with Promarkers I just use the smooth-coated white card that I stamp onto. There are various manufacturers of this; I have the Ryman's stuff. It's just a thick paper, really - goes through the printer easily.

ETA: looking again at your post, it sounds like you're using the same stuff. Why won't it go through your printer? My printer isn't a particularly expensive one and it struggles a bit with proper thick cardstock, but the smooth-coated is fine. Perhaps your printer is getting a bit past it, lol?

Hev, not a complete lunatic, but getting there! Mystery Woman's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (22)
    I print onto fairly thick card, and mine's only an average (not very new!) printer!
    Maybe you need to treat yourself to a new printer lol!!

June points 0 SLO, 0 DLO, 0 Weekly Challenge, 6 Cards = 30 points

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    The printer we use is old but it's a laser jet so am waiting for it to die lol. Guess you are right though. Thank you xx

Loves playing with Studio BathBelle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I find that the smooth card recommended for stamping and promarkers is not suitable for printing as it smudges when you colour it. I find you need to use card that lets the print image sink in a bit (ink jet), I like to use linen card. My Epson printer will take nothing thicker than paper but my HP photosmart take card and is much more economical on the ink.
    Ruth

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Quote Originally Posted by BathBelle View Post
    I find that the smooth card recommended for stamping and promarkers is not suitable for printing as it smudges when you colour it.
    Ruth
    If this happens you could try 'fixing' it with a heat gun before doing your colouring.