Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Thread: Melt dust

Card maker/scrapper and sort of Photographer! elwoodsusanm's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

rolling Melt dust

Has anyone tried this yet?
    God must love stupid people-He made so many of them

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (42)
    I've been doing this for ages with normal clear embossing powder, just have a tray by your printer and do it the instant it comes out of the printer, it's the paper that makes the difference not the powder.

The thick vellum is fantastic as you can cover it in gold or silver and emboss the words.

Hey try it and see what hapens. you never know you may not have to buy their powder if your own works. Just don't use the cheap copier paper, try it on photo paper gloss is good as it takes ages to dry.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by sharron246 View Post
    I've been doing this for ages with normal clear embossing powder, just have a tray by your printer and do it the instant it comes out of the printer, it's the paper that makes the difference not the powder.

The thick vellum is fantastic as you can cover it in gold or silver and emboss the words.

Hey try it and see what hapens. you never know you may not have to buy their powder if your own works. Just don't use the cheap copier paper, try it on photo paper gloss is good as it takes ages to dry.
    Oh Sharon

You are a woman after my own heart, I remember doing a repeating verse in different colours as a pattern page; and I remember when it came out of the printer the ink was still wet so on impulse I chucked some clear embossing powder over the page tapped and blew what didn't stick and used my heat gun. It was so lovely and the last piece of vellum that I had and can I remember where I brought it, something tells me it was C&C must order some for the new Year and try it again......Thanks for the memory....Ooo just read the bit about gloss photo paper,got some here........

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

what settings to use for embossing powder

Hello, could you tell me what print settings you used for using the embossing powders on vellum or photo gloss paper....would love to try this, Marilyn

unicorn baby
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (68)
    I have done this on thick vellum worked a treat. As it was about 7 years ago I cant remember waht settings I used

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Use the best photo settings. I find black printing doesn't work as well as the colours, it seems to dry faster. For gold I use a deep orangey red and for silver I use a mauve/blue. Don't print too much on the page as the first stuff will dry before it gets to the end.

I also use a 120 gsm glossy paper which meant to be used with the laser printer. It's not photo paper and is considerably cheaper, but it's great for stamping or doing ink effects, as it stays wet longer.

xxx

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by ErikaP View Post
    Use the best photo settings. I find black printing doesn't work as well as the colours, it seems to dry faster. For gold I use a deep orangey red and for silver I use a mauve/blue. Don't print too much on the page as the first stuff will dry before it gets to the end.

I also use a 120 gsm glossy paper which meant to be used with the laser printer. It's not photo paper and is considerably cheaper, but it's great for stamping or doing ink effects, as it stays wet longer.

xxx
    Could you share with us the make of this paper as I've tried inkjet glossy paper with my canon mp600 on all different settings but the ink never stays wet long enough for heat embossing?

View Gallery

I`ve tried this on photo glossy paper, printed out in black but when chose the print settings, i selected plain papers and the ink took longer to dry. I printed in black and put butterscotch embossing powder and it came out beautiful. I used gun from underside. (Make sure not too close as photo bubbles easy). Never tried vellum but will give it a go. Have been to papercraft near me and the lovley men in there are seeking to produce paper so that the ink stays wet longer but will be fraction of the price.

Dedicated Scrapper valeriepalmer's Avatar
    View Gallery

Thanks for info Sharron. I've been meaning to try this ever since I first saw it on the telly