Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Hybrid View

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    I've just had a go, but it took some fiddling with settings! For me it seems to be a matter of setting the right colour. Once I got this sorted, I was able to cut OK. I've cut a modified dingbat, a letter, and a circle.

I'm using XP, CC330, and Inkscape 0.46, build date 1st April(!!) 2006. I can't use later versions of Inkscape as they won't recognise my Graphics tablet.

I've also had an attempt with the Pro, and although it offers some setting options, it doesn't bring up the the controller. But the software isn't as up to date as with the little machine.

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by dozyrosy View Post
    I've just had a go, but it took some fiddling with settings! For me it seems to be a matter of setting the right colour. Once I got this sorted, I was able to cut OK. I've cut a modified dingbat, a letter, and a circle.

I'm using XP, CC330, and Inkscape 0.46, build date 1st April(!!) 2006. I can't use later versions of Inkscape as they won't recognise my Graphics tablet.

I've also had an attempt with the Pro, and although it offers some setting options, it doesn't bring up the the controller. But the software isn't as up to date as with the little machine.

Rosemary
    I'm using XP, CC330 and Inkscape 0.46 too but don't know which build it is

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    If you look under the Help button the About Inkscape will (should!) tell you, Doreen. Otherwise I think the download has the date/time as part of the zipped file name.

I'm a bit befuddled but it seemed to me that if I set both the stroke colour in Inkscapeand set the same colour for the cutline I was OK, but if I left the shape in (for me) its basic sort of grey shade, it wouldn't cut. I don't work in Inkscape much so haven't generally bothered with stroke and fill stuff, so it's been a bit "poke and see what happens" for me today. The hot weather's left me really under the weather (sorry) and headachey and I'm not yet back to being able to think at all - let alone think straight... so I may be well off target!

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

Jill
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Hi, I had ago at this yesterday and managed to do it more or less straight away.

I am using XP on laptop
    I downloaded a newer version of Inkscape dated 20th June the other day, but I am not sure if it's a later .46 or a .47.
    I tried from a dxf file but when it did not work tried a svg file ( one I made when doing some practice) and it worked fine. Haven't tried another dxf yet.
    I did alter the cutline colour to black. Have not tried other colours yet.
    And the pen worked too, on the second attempt.
    I have RM 5.1 and a cc200 model
    Last edited by Jill3; 04-07-2009 at 01:44 PM. Reason: adding some info
    Jill

My CR seems to have taken over my life!...... Well, until our new grandchild arrives in December!