Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Threaded View

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    I'll include an insert whenever possible, even it if it's just a plain white paper, printed off the computer, one. I did once say that I felt sending a card without an insert was like sending it out undressed - without its knickers ! I feel it gives the card a properly finished and more professional look, and if it's a dark card, also provides somewhere to write a message for the recipient.

I like to add an insert that tones, and often use coloured pastel paper, add a little matching printed or stamped image, cut a deckle or scalloped edge, use a punch on the edge or corners - but NOT all of them all at once!

One of the nicest cards I received this year was fairly plain on the outside - it was just handmade paper with a few petals in it, but inside there was an insert with a lovely pressed rose and some little rose petal confetti. A really pleasant surprise when I opened it up.

Rosemary

P.S. Linda you asked for examples: here's one that's simple but effective that I did as an insert for a flowery card made on "shadow" card - I used pink marbled paper for the insert and printed text in rose pink to match the card colour, and used a punch on the corners, so the colour showed through.
    Last edited by dozyrosy; 09-12-2006 at 02:42 PM.