Quote Originally Posted by yorkshirecrafte View Post
I agree with you. I think there must be a benefit to having one interface and not say 3 or 4 different machines (cutter, pc, printer, scanner) all talking to each other. However, I am still hovering. If you use code 665834 there may be an extra 10% off - I can't confirm that.
Most printers including a scanner these days, so one less for me. My scanner in the printer scans either 300 or 600 dpi.

Quote Originally Posted by ed dawson View Post
I have ordered my new machine, but it won't replace my Cameo - it will be used in conjunction with it. I believe it will help me to prepare what my wife wants for her crafting.

I know the machine is expensive - but we must remember that it is a cutting machine and a scanner - we shouldn't expect to pay the same price we would consider for just an electronic cutter. Much is said about the higher cost of the cutting mats, nothing has been said about the blades which look stronger than razor blades and are significantly cheaper than the blades which I buy currently.

As with everything - each of the machines which I use will have their own strengths and I am hoping that they will compliment each other.

I am tiring of the C&C programs - we should know by now, but the demonstrator has a handful of party-pieces and anecdotes which are aired repeatedly. If you ask a question which falls outside their area of comfort, it is ignored.

Fortunately I have managed to find a copy of the machine manual (published on a Canadian site) and have been able to answer some of the questions for myself. The rest will probably need to wait until I get the machine and can find out myself (the hard way - lol).

Eddie
Lucky wife Eddie.

When I wanted to watch the programme on our large t.v. with Sky my hubby complained 'oh no not another cutting machine you want.' For me it's an awful lot of money to scan and cut bought decoupage sheets even though they are all at the bottom of my crafty stash as I don't do scissors these days unless I really have to.

Gentleman Crafter John did say on his demos any questions he could not answer he was asking the Brother team, so keep the questions coming in.