My laptop has to be returned under guarantee, which means I will have to wipe the hard drive, so I am trying to learn how to do that. But in the meantime I am concerned about the Silhouette stuff on it which I would like to try to transfer, particularly a copy of Studio 1.9 I managed to save when I upgraded.

I used the laptop to download Studio designs from SA to keep them separate from my GSD designs on my main computer, and I know that at a pinch I can re-download them, but, I suspect I will not be able to replace the 1.9 version of Studio.

In fact I have not been able to use the 1.9 version since I upgraded, because when I click on it, it begins to go through the process of opening up but then it stops and a pop up tells me there is a later version, which it then opens.

I really would like to try to transfer the 1.9 to a replacement laptop and just use that, not a later version, but as yet I have had no luck. I have even tried sending it in an email, but I get a notice to say the file is too big.

Alternatively, if I uninstalled the later versions would the 1.9 version then be usable, and would the design downloads stay intact, or might I create other problems?

Can anyone offer help or advice please?