Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper scrappyannie's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Some title advice pls

Don't know whether this is in the right bit but.
    I've been looking at peoples galleries and love all the large cut out titles people use. Can you tell me how to achieve this pls.
    I probably haven't posted as many comments as I should but I've found so many of peoples LO's inspirational to a beginner like me.
    Thankyou.
    Also does anyone know of any crops in Leicester or where I can find the info.
    Cheers
    Annie x

View Gallery

Thanks for the help Nina
    So much to try out! Will have to upload some of my layouts fo advice etc
    Thanks again
    Annie x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (35)
    Does anyone know if you can print larger sized font than 72 which seems to be the largest in Word - that isn't really large enough for my purpose but I can't think how to print it any bigger than that. I want to print about 2.5 inches! (sorry, too old for centimetres!!)
    I'M IN TEAM PHOENIX in the Blue Brads House

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (46)
    you can print any size fonts in word

the drop down list in the font box might only go up to 72, but you can delete the number in the box and type in the size you want

lots of the big titles in the gallery are made with Basic Grey mongrams (I think), which are in Cooper Black font. I've made my own by printing the letters I want onto cheap card, cutting out then using as template on the proper card or paper I want on my LO

that's just cos I can't work out how to print mirror images / back to front type in Word though

View Gallery

Oh thanks so much - what a dimmo I am, eh? I didn't realise you could put in any old number!! I shall be ever grateful to you

View Gallery

Thank you Nina - will give it a go. I have found you always get good advice when you ask a question on here!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by bumpybecky
    you can print any size fonts in word

the drop down list in the font box might only go up to 72, but you can delete the number in the box and type in the size you want

lots of the big titles in the gallery are made with Basic Grey mongrams (I think), which are in Cooper Black font. I've made my own by printing the letters I want onto cheap card, cutting out then using as template on the proper card or paper I want on my LO

that's just cos I can't work out how to print mirror images / back to front type in Word though
    Hi Hun

Best way I've found to print mirror images in Word is to create the title in WordArt. Then click the "draw" button (bottom left of your screen), "Rotate or Flip" and then "Flip Horizontal". Sorted!!!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (52)
    I would recomment WordArt too for titling because you can alter the height and or width to fit your exact needs, whereas just altering the font size increases the size of the letters proportionally.

If you look at the LOVE title on the *and they called it piggy love* layout in my gallery that was created in WordArt; select outline only, type in the word, select the font, change the point size of the line (to make it thicker) and alter the colour if you need to, print out a draft to check the sizing and placement then stick scraps of patterned paper over the front of each letter as desired. Put through the printer again on normal or best setting. Then cut around (this was a chunky font so scissors were fine for that); using the emboldened line created the look of the title being mounted again on darker cardstock but meant I only had to cut out the word once.
    A Bowl of Cherries - My personal blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (46)
    Patty you are right - alway get good advice here and if you're wondering about a question you can bet there are others thinking the same thing

Suzanne, thanks so much for that tip - I love your 'love' on the piggy LO - much easier than cutting once in patterened paper and once again in cardstock!

I've never played with wordart before, I think I even deleted the shortcut icon on the toolbar so had forgotten it was there

View Gallery

I've just come back on and all this lovely advice is here. I tried to do the mirror thing in microsoft last night but couldn't find it! I'll check what other programmes we have and see what I can work out.
    Thanks for all the advice everyone is so helpful.
    I didn't know you could type in any number either!Lol
    Annie x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (52)
    Annie, if it is something you have created in word rather than wordart then the option to print mirror image should be in the printer settings rather than any settings within word itself. I have a HP printer and I have to click into the advanced tab to find the mirror image option.
    A Bowl of Cherries - My personal blog

View Gallery

Thanks Suzanne
    Been and looked at your page and love the idea of using the outline as part of the design.
    Your albums great.
    Annie x