Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

"Big Shot" Faulty Cutting Pads

Does anyone know when the replacement cutting pads are expected to arrive in the UK? There is a fault on most of the first batch of machines sold - the plates crack when used to cut foam etc.

I have received mixed answers as to when I can hope to get my replacements. In the meantime my machine is useless. I kept trying and each time the piece got smaller and smaller. I should have stopped, but you now how it is when you want to finish something.........

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (41)
    you'd think they would have learnt by now.
    they had the same problem when they first bought out the sidekick, cutting mats cracking when used

hope you get this sorted soon.

niki
    I wouldn't change you for the world, but I would happily change the world for you. Nicola Girdlestone(1966-)my flicker
    My scrap blog

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    In the meantime get out the yellow pages and look for your local plastics shop. You can get them to cut you some acrylic sheets to the same size as your cutting plates.

I had the same problem with my sidekick and got some cutting mats made up to just larger than 1 sizzlit die. Although I have new Sizzix cutting mats I prefer my half size ones. And 6 mats cost me £2.

Love,
    Sandie

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Great tip Sandie - Thanks!

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by josie*durham
    Does anyone know when the replacement cutting pads are expected to arrive in the UK? There is a fault on most of the first batch of machines sold - the plates crack when used to cut foam etc.

I have received mixed answers as to when I can hope to get my replacements. In the meantime my machine is useless. I kept trying and each time the piece got smaller and smaller. I should have stopped, but you now how it is when you want to finish something.........
    Hi, one cracked then broke when I used it just to cut card!
    I've been told they will be flown in this week..........they said that about the actual machines every week for 5 weeks though, until it finally arrived! I will be on the phone to the supplier of mine again tomorrow!
    meanwhile, I went to B&Q and got a large sheet of clear plastic like you use for shed windows, only trouble is they sell it in 2mm or 4mm thicknesses and our cutting mats are 3mm thick, so I bought the 2mm and partner cut it into pieces of similar size (he reckons you could get about 15 to a 4ft x 2ft sheet, which cost nearly £10), anyway I tried it with 2 on bottom and 1 on top and it immediately broke the top one (too flimsy), so I then used on on bottom with a piece of thinnish plastic stuff taped to it for extra thickness, and the original unbroken one on top, so far, carefully I can cut a few things, but not much and still expect something to break all the time! It's better than nothing, although I've just replaced the sizzix I gave away Monday - just hours before my cutting pad broke!!!!
    I heard too that they had the same problem when the sidekick came out - do these companies never learn, or are all crafters too forgiving because we like the products?
    Hazel

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (42)
    Mine haven't broken yet but it makes a cracking noise as the plates feed throuh the machine.
    janet
    JanetO

x