Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

previously known as Kelley Coulson. Kelley S's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (27)

Its me again after advice. This time Mums wedding tin

So far i have done 1 completed altered paint can (pencil pot of OH @ School), nearly completed the gardening themed paint can for future MIL's birthday. Now, my mum is getting married in August and i want to make her something. I'm doing her an Apache Wedding Blessing Cross stitch, but i want to do her a paint can too.
    The idea at the moment is to make mum one and her husband to be, Roy, one too. Was going to do a pre-wedding pack. I.E for Roy's can, put in a bottle of beer, new razor maybe, then ideas run out. Even ideas for how to decorate the can runs out. I.E what papers to use etc.
    For my mum's can, was going to decorate with love theme (seem to have millions of hearts etc) but then put stuf like face packs, feet soaks, small bottle of wine etc in. But also toying with the idea of a wedding planner inside as i think these are fab. But i only have access to paint cans, 2.5 litre ones, and i'm not sure a wedding planner could be fit round that, so think i'm gonna stick with pre-wedding goodies.
    So, my question is......has anyone got any good brainwaves? lol. either to decorate Roys, do i match it with mum's but put there names on and what do i put in them? I have seen the list the Lemon put up, but i want some more ideas as some of them are not suitable for them.

Any help will be appreciated. And i promise i'll post photos when i've completed them (after mum's seen them of course, she'll only look on here, although she does know i'm doing them and helping with ideas)
    Week 7 - total lost 19lbs

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (18)
    Hi Kelley, I have a spare Provocraft lunch tin if you want to make your Mum a wedding planner?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Ahhh, so that's what your order is for!

Hubbie's tin - how about some aftershave samplers from your nearest parfumerie? I'm sure if you told them what they were for, they'd be more than happy to oblige. You could also include some body shop massage oil, a mini bottle of champers, or how about a voucher for a manicure which men would NEVER sort out for themselves before a wedding but think of the rings/hands photos! You could include a little comb (so he can stay slick looking on the day - lol) and look in Waterstone's or equivalent bookshop for one of those little books on speeches. How about making a tag book of the most useful tips for marriage from mates etc, or just well-wishes? Hmmmm, I'm sure I'll think of some more but that's all I can manage for the moment!

previously known as Kelley Coulson. Kelley S's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (27)
    Quote Originally Posted by SunDrop
    Ahhh, so that's what your order is for!
    yes indeed, they were a good deal and have used the last lot i got from you and they are brill quality. boutght one from somewhere else and they dinted with a little pressure where as yours didnt. Thought i'd order them now while i had money. It also means that they can sit on the shelf looking at me while i try and decide what i'm gonna do. lol.
    Love the ideas for Roys one Trisha, why are men so hard to make things for. lol Awkward to live with (somethimes) and awkward to make things for. lol
    Week 7 - total lost 19lbs