Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (43)

Sizzlets help please

Basically I can't cut anything thicker than paper with them. I have the converter plate and have used a couple of shims but no matter what I do they just won't cut. I MUST be doing something wrong- my friends tell me to just keep at it and I'll get it eventually but I'm wasting paper/card and time. I've tried using a new cutting pad. I apply pressure to half, all then the last half. I've tried applying pressure to the whole die- just don't know what to do

I bought some QC dies from Chrisrydal and I can use them no problems. They are fine. I've got about 30 sizzlets and just can't flippin use them.

PLease someone help me- I'm desperate- or should I just sell them and buy QC dies??????

(BTW I have nop problems with the ordinary Sizzix dies. I'ts the ordinary Sizzix machine that i have btw)

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (18)
    Do you know anyone who has a Sidekick you could try them in? I couldn't use mine in the normal Sizzix but they work perfectly in the Sidekick.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

nah- I don't really know any RL scrapeprs/cardmakers. Looks like I may end up selling them (or buying the sidekick do you think??)lol. dh will despair of my spending habits

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    where in Wales are you?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (27)
    If you look on eBay - you can buy a sidekick for about £20.

I have one and have no problem cutting the Sizzlits (and QK with adapter) in that although the machine itself will only do paper and card. It has no problem cutting the thickest cardstock.
    Carolyn

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Hayley B
    where in Wales are you?
    up North. Too far from you.

May send a couple to a friend in leeds and ask her to try them in her machine

smurfie
    just one word of warning re. the sidekick though..it is only meant to take paper or thin card!! or you will end up with one very very sidesick....

sizzlits are "low profile" so i dont use them for heavy duty card... if you want to cut bazzil or other heavy cstock you will have to use the sizzix dies.... BUT the sizzlits do leave a nice "embossed" image on card when used in the sizzix...

nicky

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by smurfie
    just one word of warning re. the sidekick though..it is only meant to take paper or thin card!! or you will end up with one very very sidesick....

sizzlits are "low profile" so i dont use them for heavy duty card... if you want to cut bazzil or other heavy cstock you will have to use the sizzix dies.... BUT the sizzlits do leave a nice "embossed" image on card when used in the sizzix...

nicky

i'm having real problems getting them to cut anything at the moment

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by smurfie
    I've cut Bazzill in both of my sidekicks with no problem - the first one was killed by some dorkbrain trying to cut inkjet shrink plastic in it (despite sticker saying "paper and card only" on the side).

Cutting ability obviously varies from sidekick to sidekick
    Carolyn

smurfie
    you are very lucky with yours then carolyn.. first thing ellison said to me when i reported the faulty sidesick was "you havent been cutting heavy card have you?" and they made it crystal clear that if it had broken because of that they would not exchange it...

View Gallery

Nope - no problems cutting card in either of them - but then I mostly cut alphas and only use little pieces of card to cover the letters I'm cutting - although I have used long strips too!

Somehow I don't think Ellison would have been too impressed with the shrink plastic excuse though - the only way we got the jammed sizzlit out was with a block and mallet - it was stuck solid!
    Carolyn

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (79)
    I had problems to with the sizzix machine and sizzilets too, I bought the side kick and they work fine.
    Terri

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (18)
    Oh the memories come flooding back My first sidekick died because I didn't realise that 2 pieces of card stuck together went in...

CLUNK + CRUNCH + CLICK + RATTLE = BROKEN!!!

Fortuneately after hours (no exagerating) DH managed to release the sizzlit, and I blagged it with the seller that it must have been faulty

have just borrowed a friends sizzix machine, and have fallen in love with it... DH is going to buy me one when he gets paid

When is a cake not a cake....? bethlee's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    Sorry to hear your having these probs.

I have the Zipemate machine, and one or two dies, (new to this see), and had the flower Sizzlits set for christmas. I wasn't sure how to use them in the ZM, had advice from another thread, very helpful too, and have not had chance to use them in my machine yet, so I'm hoping that all will be well.

I have bought a pack of 2 thin cutting mats too, so hopefully it'll be alright.

Hope you sort it out anyway.

Miss you Sis all the time x Maureenp's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (41)
    Love my sidekick and have no problem cutting Bazzill in it. Sone of my sizzlit dies don't cut that well with a Sissix machine but great in the sidekick.

I also use the convertor and cut QK dies in it as I can't use a QK machine at all.