Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (27)
    Quote Originally Posted by nina.douglas
    Does anyone know what that matting ruler is? Where can I get one? It would save me so much time measuring my mats!
    Is that the Omnigrid ruler? I used those in my patchwork and quilting days with a cutting mat and cutting wheel. I would say try fabric shops.

A really good matting ruler is the Perfect Layers set - which I believe is only available from QVC in the USA but I got mine off ebay Basically it is 2 plastic "rulers" which have grooves in at different measurements so if you want 1/4" mat you line the paper up in that groove and cut away. If you go to QVC.com and then put in item no: F0137 you can see what I mean.

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Here's the history of the foofabets

After the Foofala printed letter sheets came out, some enterprising 2P-er created the foofabets/foo-fakes so you could simply print them off at home

She sent them to me, I added them to the library. The advantage is that you can then print them onto any card or paper you like. Or, as I did in the SI layout, alter them just as you would the Foofala ones.

The font is, I think, a bit different to the Foofala originals but they are close.

The problems with the ones in the library are that the grid of dots is not around the individual letter, so if you print out the whole thing then cut yoou either need to cut thru the middle of the line of dots or print the whole sheet multiple times.

I use them in one of two ways.

1. I drag the whole image into my paint program (Apple Works) then select the letters I want and drag THEM into a drawing document and print on whatever paper I please.

OR

2. Using an old typewriter font, to get thoose slightlly grungy and erroded dots, I create a grid of horizontal and vertical lines of dots in my drawing program then add the letters to the center -- this means I can make the grid any size I want. I have a set of fonts in my font manager that is called FooFonts so I can find the ones that I've already determined look good in this style.

I like the flexability creating my own gives me, rather than the limited size and paper of the bought ones, but it IS slightly labour intensive

HTH