Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I'm a PrimaHybrid FlowerGirl GeordieGirl's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (22)

How do you read a scrap mag?

This is how I read them, what about you? Okay, so simple scrapbooks just landed on my door mat. It took me about 2 minutes to flick through each page scanning the pics and the adverts. I've seen quite a few photos of things that i obviously like because my eye lingered longer on those pages. Now I know that when I get an hour to myself to read it properley cover to cover there are ideas which I'm gonna love. It's gone on my pile of stuff to get through this weekend because I know if I read it properly now, I'd never get anything else done!!
    Does anyone else do this or do you wait until you have time to do it propeley?

Just interested

Andrea x

edited to say thast obviously I read them with my eyes!!!!!
    Andrea x My Blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (73)
    Usually flick through, then go back later and read cover to cover.

Whilst reading I put little bits of post-its on pages / LO's I like and write why, so I can go back at a later date when looking for ideas etc...
    Kathy

My blog- - updated 23 March 2016

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    I also flick through first and stop at any articles that attract me. Once I've read those I start at the beginning and read through it all. Post-Its go onto pages with LOs that really inspire me and I'll want to look at again. Since I don't usually get the time to do all of this in one go, I tend to carry the mag about in my handbag for a few days, sneeking peeks whenever I get the time !

the kiwi flavoured Jelly Babe!! ldnkiwiscrapper's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (19)
    i tend to have a flick when i first get a mag, then sit down and have a proper read, finishing up with a go through and pulling out all the ideas that appeal to me. then those bits of paper pile up and gather dust until i can put into a blank book!!.
    i do this for recipes, scrapping and interior information!!
    Rach
    my blog

I WILL complete more than one layout this month............ nikkimitch's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (33)
    i read cover to cover over a few days each page at a time - i dont allow myself to flick through or i wont remember where i am up to if interuppted - turn corners over for interesting bits but then usually forget what it was on that page i wanted to remember so postit idea is a good one - i have loads from when i was working so must dig them out - knew they would come in handy one day!
    Nikki
    My Blog

Cambridge in New Zealand (town of the trees)was Liverpool
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    I resist flicking thru (omg its hard) and read page at a time.
    I used to read them on the train to work with notebook next to me to jot ideas/quotes in.

One time i was so engrossed i didnt realise the girl opposite me was staring at the mag mouth agog. If i didnt have my mp3 on i would of started chatting to her.

But now i'm a lady of leisure(ha) i suppose can read them anytime!

Jan

I am the penguin, Koo koo ka choo __TJ__'s Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (32)
    yeah i read them all the way thru and keep them till they can have my full attention
    I Live in Canada I got three kids, two dogs and "some" hens. 🐓 oh and three goats!!! And I make cheese now. Blessed are the cheesemakers. 🧀🐐🐐🐐🦆🦆
    "Not worse is almost as good as better" Terry Pratchett speaking about altzimers, but it works for Aspergers too.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    I look at the shapes and try to recognise the sounds they make then put the sounds together to make words, Then if you do lots of them together they say lots of wise stuff.

Sorry - couldn't resist. Must be working with yoiung children all day does it to me!

I flick through it all then read it properly later

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (41)
    As soon as i get a mag i have a quick flick through then sit down when i have enough time and go from cover to cover. I even sat on the stairs of blockbusters this afternoon looking through a craft mag i had bought in WHS while DH looked for a game for DS for christmas

see, i can't even wiat till i get it home. LOL.

Niki
    I wouldn't change you for the world, but I would happily change the world for you. Nicola Girdlestone(1966-)my flicker
    My scrap blog

AKA Scrapgoddess Alyssa and SweetpeaNut mummygina's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    I cant resist having a very quick flick thru when it first arrives, and then i read it cover to cover in the evening when DD is tucked up asleep in bed. Theres no way i'd be able to read it when DD is around, as she'd grab it out of my hands, and tear it up in shreds-bless her!
    Started WW Online Friday 11/01/08- 11st 10lbs.
    Week 1=-4.5lbs

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (19)
    I flick starting with the back and work forwards. Later I will read the articles and maybe even mark some to come back too.

Sally

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    I flick through while I make a coffee. Then I sit down and read the articles that interest me most first. Then I read the rest incase I missed something exciting or can teach me something new.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (18)
    I have a quick flick through, then in the evening when DS is in bed and DH is doing boy stuff (decks or playstation ), I have a nice deep, hot and very long bath and read from cover to cover.... pure bliss!!!

Louise

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    oooooh what if it gets wet tho? Mine seem to

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (18)
    The trick is getting in without putting your hands in the water I must admit though, my arms do ache a bit by the time I get to the last few pages....