Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Thread: Album Kits?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)

Album Kits?

I am a bit of a novice and whilst shopping for the essentials I have come across an Album Kit, which looks very nice, but it is quite expensive about £28. Is it worth buying a kit to start me off or ahould I get stuff seperatley?

I want to start a smallish baby album and am getting lost in all the shops, there are so many!

Some kind soul point me in the right direction please!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (101)
    The Deja Views collection is lovely for a baby album - you can either buy separate 12x12 sheets of paper or, there is a little 8x8 sized tablet with a mixture of papers and diecut shapes. I recently did an album for my son's teacher using the tablet - I did add to it from my own stash though as I didn't find it sufficient to do the whole album with
    It really depends what you already have got to use as to whether a kit is good to go for I think e.g. do you have something to make letters with, do you want to put embellishments on your pages as well?
    I'm not helping much am I, sorry Take a look at the deja views paper though, it really is very nice Deja Views Paper
    Tree

The Treehouse
    SWAPS AND CJS LAST UPDATED 29/08/2010

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    SEI use to do mini scrapbooks in a bag which had all the co-ordinating papers and the album and peel offs (I think) and I'm sure they did a boy/girl theme. They used to retail at about £12 I think. If you ask a question on the shop till you drop forum, one of the sponsors might answer your query.

Regarding the other as value for money, it depends on what stash you've already got. If you're just starting out, you might prefer to do a smaller album, in which case you could probably get all the individual supplies cheaper. The plus point about the kit is that it's already co-ordinated and if you're not confident about putting things together then it might be a better option. If you use Basic Grey for example, they do collection packs, which give you a full range (18) of co-ordinating sheets with matching tags and peel off alphas for around £13. There are other companies that do the same. If you chose that option then all you would have to do would be to choose an album, they can cost up to £20, although WHSmith do some 12x12 for £9.99 and choose some plain cardstock which you can get for 20-40p per sheet. You can get fibres cheaply from local habedashery stores or through the sponsors and if you look at the swap forum, there are some new fibre swaps on there.

Hope this helps, sorry for the essay

View Gallery

the album I found is a 6x6 Making Memories album kit for £28.50 whic upon reflection does seem quite high.

I am having trouble finding a book or album that i can cut my teeth on without breaking the bank

I just want an smallish book or album that I can do for my youngest dd with a modern baby girlish theme but am getting somewhat lost in all the shops, there is so much to choose from!

So far I have 1 scrapbook magazine which had some free papers and that is it!!!

Thanks for the advice so far, will do some more hunting!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (101)
    What I would do then is to choose a size that you'd like to work in, buy your papers and leave the album until later on - you can keep the pages that you make in a ziplock plastic bag, they'll be quite safe and then choose an album at your leisure. If you've no other crafty bits at all...look for something like the deja views tablet that i mentioned above - Paperarts sell those and they have an alphabet or two in them as well as some other lovely diecut bits and bobs, you'll need to get some acid free adhesive as well if you're just starting up and something to cut with (craft knife and metal ruler is cheapest option).

I've popped a few pictures below of some of the pages I made with the boy tablet (I did add to it from my existing stash though), there aren't any photos on because it was made as a gift for my son's teacher
    Last edited by Theresa; 22-05-2008 at 09:34 AM.
    Tree

The Treehouse
    SWAPS AND CJS LAST UPDATED 29/08/2010

Me and My Daddy..... 4kidsat147's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (35)
    I have a girly scrapbook album by SEI if your interested, let me know and I'll direct you as it's in my eBay shop at the min and not on the webstie.

Me and My Daddy..... 4kidsat147's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (35)
    I've put a pic of it below, it includes papers, stickers etc all you need to make an album and it's £17.50
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

oooh thnaks ladies!

I do like that albulm you did Theresa, your sons teachers must have been so pleased!

I have book marked that site

4kidsat147, I will also add you to my fav ebayers list too!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    That's the SEI album that I've seen, sorry got I the price wrong Rebecca, yours is the same that price that I've seen, I've just checked it today