Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Thread: O-ring warning

missy p

O-ring warning

Today I was cutting thick but smooth card, so I used two O-rings which I knew I would need for that weight. Instead of cutting through nicely as I expected, the blade was just all over the place - most cuts just weren't where they should be.

As usual, I picked on the wrong solutions first, blaming the cutting mat then the blade, but the thing that fixed it out was removing one of the O-rings and cutting twice.

Hope this will save someone a few sheets of card!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    Hi Missy P...

Had exactly the same problem the other day... there I was shouting at the CR that the optical eye had had it or some other mechanical part that wouldn't warrant replacement..... then my partner comes home.. takes one of the two rings off and VOILA... no problem.. (so annoying when he's right )

Its great when the card is really thick.. but otherwise.. its too much pressure and sends the blade on a wild goose chase with itself..

I wonder how many others have had this problem.. and blamed the CR before the ring..

Sometimes I think these things are just sent to test our crafting sanity (what little we all have)...lol

Happy Scrapper - Professional Thread Killer lesleyuk's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    Yep I've done Its also ripped card on intricate bits is I use 2 when I shouldn't