Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Thread: Fonts...

If it's not pink then it's not worth having! gismo's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (49)

Fonts...

a question for those of you without a sissix, craft robo (although considering saving for one!!) etc - do you print the fints large and then cut them out? I'm trying to work out the best way of doing this and would welcome any tips or fantastic fonts to look for.

Completely lost the plot! Trixiebell's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    hi gismo,

i have a sissix but no alphabets yet! i do exactly what you have said enlarge the font on the pooter and then cut them out, apparently if you use a craft knife onto a glass surface your cutting results are much better. i am not very hot with the knife and use my sissors! maybe i ought to give it a go and practise.
    here is one of many sites www.fontfile.com
    Hope this is of some help
    Gaye

Sprinkle a little happiness wherever you go Hils's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    Lots of people cut them out by hand but I don't have the cutting skills or the patience so I cheat and print them on transparencies instead
    Another site for you - www.dafont.com. And check out MaryAnne's Font of the Week - there's a new one each week and there are loads of previous ones too that are worth checking out
    Hils

Frustrated Scrapper - there's never enough weekend TopCat76's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    I print mine onto plain copier paper then stick patterned paper or cardstock over the top with removable herma and run it through the printer again... i think 9 out of 10 layout titles that I do are like this!! am naff when it comes to fiddly cutting!

Handbag, shoe and choco - holic! Bluemoonjules's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    I do handcut titles quite often. You need to do it in WordArt, then flip it, temp stick it to the back of whatever you are using, then cut using either a very sharp craft knife or scissors. It helps to put glass underneath (from a picture frame or similar) and move the paper not the blade. Take a look at the X-acto wing fighter cybercrop instructions for some help on handcutting.
    - 6.25% Welsh -