Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The difference

I had my cake and ate it too!! Pink Chocolate's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (83)

The difference

Can someone tell me please how a Craft Robo is better than a sizzix? I was aware that you could design stuff on pc using the craft robo spftware then print it off and cut it out.

However, i am confused how this can replace the sizzix. For example all the alphabet dies and the tags and snata clause and snowmen etc how can the craft robo do things like this?

Sorry for sounding so think but I am really uncertain as to its capabilities now.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

errr.. how long have i been out of it? Kihaku's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (75)
    imagine your normal ink jet printer... print your title.. but instead of it being just a sheet of paper it cuts out the titkle front the paper.... you can use any font etc, any picture etc.... i'd have one if i had the ££££
    Be creative every day *anam*
    My Blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    SX/QK will only cut letters in one size, CR will cut any size as long as it fits on an A4 sheet of paper/card.

SX/QK alphabets are expensive, CR alphabets are free you can cut almost any alphabet you can download from the internet.

SX/QK will only cut the dies you have to buy in one size!! CR will cut any shape you can trace in any size as long as it fits on an A4 sheet. Unless you use Dingbat fonts and there are hundreds out there for free, CR will cut these without any tracing because they are fonts.

SX/QK can't cut apertures for cards CR can.
    SX/QK can't cut your mats and layers in any shape you can think of up to A4 size, CR can.
    SX/QK can't cut joined up words with or without shadows for titles, CR can.
    SX/QK won't cut an A4 sheet of tags/shapes in one go, CR will.

If you go to Jen Caputo's site you can see thumbnails of just a few of the templates that the the WBGirls have made and uploaded to share with everyone.

Have you done a search of the gallery here? There must be LOs that people have used CR on by now. There are a lot of people on UKS that have the CR and they don't speak out on this forum, so please don't think that the only CR owners are the few you see here.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

View Gallery

Take a look at the thumbnail in the post "First Day Goodies" and remember that the dies cost nothing and you can have all of that up to approx 8" in size.

View Gallery

Thank you so much for that I never realised they did so much. OK now that I NEED one, I need to sell off my sizzix and QK to pay for it lol.

View Gallery

hi

good post lucille....i dont feel so bad now paying all that money for the machine now that i have read you post above.
    i was about to pay about 200 pounds a while back for some quickutz alphabet sets and thought thats stupid buy the c.r and like you said it does lots of fonts in all sizes...couldnt be happier

angela xx

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy-doo-dah
    Thank you so much for that I never realised they did so much. OK now that I NEED one, I need to sell off my sizzix and QK to pay for it lol.
    Before you sell your dies dont forget to cut one of each in a dark colour so you can scan them in, trace them and save as templates, now you still have your shapes.

View Gallery

oooh never thought of that so glad you told me before I stuck them all on ebay or something. Am I better advertising on ebay or on here do you think?

View Gallery

I would try here first and then e-bay if necessary.

dazed and confused, mostly! jainethepain's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (124)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy-doo-dah
    oooh never thought of that so glad you told me before I stuck them all on ebay or something. Am I better advertising on ebay or on here do you think?
    on here!! you get hit for three lots of fees if you do ebay AND take paypal!
    August ATC Swap
    September Tag Swap

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Scrappy You just BOUGHT 3 QK dies from me! LMAO...

Deffo sell them on here, in fact I'm going to point Craftywarrior in your direction because she's got some specific ones she's looking for and couldn't get at the NEC

View Gallery

Scrappy You just BOUGHT 3 QK dies from me! LMAO...
    LOL I know but I never realised that a Craft Robo could do quite so much I just thought they were a load of rubbish (blush), until someone put me right earlier with what they are capable of so now I need one LOL.

Will be listing them on here asap.

Hope you are all ready.

Has everyone who bought a Craft Robo felt the need to sell off their Sizzix and sidekick dies or has anyone kept them to use as well as???

Why are you selling yours sundrop? Was it for a craft robo too? LOL

View Gallery

One more thing, whats the best way to advertise them on here? Do I just list them on the marketplace or do you prefer pictures?? If so how do I uplaod them

Loving Life on UKScrappers BevS97's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    I still have my dies but I haven't used them since I got my Craft Robo - i think i need to sell them to be honest
    to sell on UKS you need to put them in the market place, you can attach a picture to the post in the marketplace if you want

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Yup, CR reasons it was. Now got my CR and very happy

Look on the QK website, right click copy and paste the images onto a word doc with the codes (or number them) simply because it helps to clear up which star, heart, doo dads you're talking about.

It also helps to put a text box in under every one on your word doc for your own sake and when someone says they're interested in it, writing their UKS name in the box, maybe with one reserve's name too in case the sale falls through.

Don't ship before payment has arrived and make sure you get their real name and address for shipping. It's reasonable to ask to P&P at cost.

HTH