Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)

Just got it out of the box and I'm confused :(

Well, I bought my CR on Friday but have only properly taken it out of the box tonight to have a play and already I'm confused. I was reading the instructions and it says that you can't use copier paper (which I was going to use as the cheapest option to have a little play). So, if you can't use copier paper because it voids the warranty does that mean you can only use card? I'm sure the demonstrator used paper when he showed me how it worked and in fact, I was given 50 sheets of craft paper when I bought the machine. Can someone please put me out of my misery so I can start playing?

Thank you.

Anna
    Anna

Please take my credit card away!!!!!! Tosca's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I've used copier paper to practice, Anna. Just make sure it's well stuck to your carrier sheet.
    LORRAINE

I'm not a complete idiot.......some pieces are missing!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    Thank you Tosca. I had a little play with the free craft paper i got - i figured it was free and not all that special. So far i'm impressed although the first attempt using Adorable script was a bit of a disaster! Think my next question on here will be to do with using intricate fonts!! Need to carry on playing a little bit to get the settings right. Will maybe try the copier paper next time - I couldn't really understand why it said you couldn't use it if you can use other paper but that makes sense to make sure it's well stuck to the carrier.

Thanks again.
    Anna

Please take my credit card away!!!!!! Tosca's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Because copier paper is so cheap, the fibres can separate much easier than better quality papers. I think that's probably why it isn't recommended. You'll have to try it and see what you are comfortable with. I don't worry about mine anymore now, I cut what I want.
    LORRAINE

I'm not a complete idiot.......some pieces are missing!