Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)

Help desperately needed !!!

Hello all

I've been dipping in and out of the forums as an 'onlooker' for ages, but have recently joined up. Last week I bought my Craft Robo (after reading the excellent reviews from you lot).

I am really pleased with it - but not quite ready to kiss goodbye to my Sizzix collection as I can only seem to cut paper and not card. What am I doing wrong? I change the coloured blade covers as directed by the software and still don't seem to win as it 'scores' the card rather than cuts through it.

I can now produce beautiful cursive text (all joined up). i did use Bev's tutorials and thought they were brilliant - but now use MS Visio followed by Wintopo as I find this a lot easier and quicker while still producing excellent results.

I've yet to try lots and lots of different shapes, but am fairly confident (ha ha!) that I will be okay.

Any help anyone can give with my card cutting problem would be HUGELY appreciated.

Oh....and by the way.....what are these 'O' rings you lot keep mentioning and where do I get them (I'm assuming I need them if you all have them )

Many thanks
    Hesjane

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (35)
    I think the solution to your problem from other threads is an O ring.

Sue

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by liberty
    I think the solution to your problem from other threads is an O ring.

Sue

Where can I get an O ring?

i think you are probably right though, having read the other threads.

Many thanks for the response, by the way.

Hesjane

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    The O ring is the little opaque plastic ring that came in the media pack (with the carrier sheet), that sits between the blade 'handle' and the holder. You can get one either by using the one provided, or by cutting yourself one from the template in the template section.

Are you using the red blade, slowed down your cutting speed and increased the thickness to 30? Also, most people seem to be sending it through the printer twice in order to get through the thickness of bazzill.

Have a look in the tutorial section for Bev's getting started tutorial, which will talk you through the settings needed for cardstock

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by SunDrop
    The O ring is the little opaque plastic ring that came in the media pack (with the carrier sheet), that sits between the blade 'handle' and the holder. You can get one either by using the one provided, or by cutting yourself one from the template in the template section.

Are you using the red blade, slowed down your cutting speed and increased the thickness to 30? Also, most people seem to be sending it through the printer twice in order to get through the thickness of bazzill.

Have a look in the tutorial section for Bev's getting started tutorial, which will talk you through the settings needed for cardstock

Oops.....have already lost the O ring then.....never noticed that in the packaging when it came and it's not there now. I've just found the template from Karin and so will try that.

I have used the red blade, but haven't slowed down the cutting speed etc......and so will try that now. Housework will have to wait - again! Did anyone else notice that when they first got the CR that the housework/ironing/cooking etc. suffered or is it just me?

Hesjane

View Gallery

Thank you both soooooooo much

O rings now made and in place........card cutting is easy peasy

Thanks again

Hesjane

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    Housework suffers.... unless I was to have a power cut.. but then the hoover etc wouldn't work either...

Hope ur having fun with your CR..