Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)

anyone tell me if 2nd edition of scrapbook answers is out yet. thanks

it just seems along time ago we got addition 1 or maybe just impatiant' ))

susannah

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    Yes, it is. My DH just returned from the US with a copy for me. It's fantastic! The free CD has 6 how-to videos, 79 fonts, software programs (PaintShop Pro X, Font Creator, Photo Album 6, etc.) and 26 hi-res photos, plus page layouts and templates. Now what I want to know is WHY Future Publications won't publish this (with the CD) for the UK??

Future gives us Scrapbook Inspirations, which has VASTLY improved over the past 3-4 months, but no CD with all these goodies. Scrapbook Answers also has lots of very good articles -- the Nov issue had articles about making rub-ons, colour theory, using photo editing software, and using patterned papers...among others. I'm considering a subscription.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (26)
    Erm...I think I have seen this in two local newsagents to me. Is it more the size of the US mags, and does the issue with the CD have a sort of greeny/blue look to it? Is the actual mag any good?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)

thanks for the info i subscribed so no doubt mine will be on its way.

yes, its excellent and worth every penny paid as long as your able to get issue with cd it contains lots of stuff on it.
    susannah

She who dies with the most supplies, wins! scrapcat's Avatar
    Over the ocean in PEI Canada - born and bred in the UK though !! :)
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (39)
    Oh - glad the new edition is out I subscribed after I got the first one as I was so impressed. It makes a nice change from some of the mags that are just full of LOs. They're good to see but it's great to find a mag with so many ideas and techniques - just what I need.

If it's out in the US it should be arriving in my Canadian mailbox pretty soon hopefully !

I had my cake and ate it too!! Pink Chocolate's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (83)
    I havent heard of this is it a new magazine? Will it be in my local newsagents/smiths? Where can I get hold of it please?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy-doo-dah
    I havent heard of this is it a new magazine? Will it be in my local newsagents/smiths? Where can I get hold of it please?
    Yes, it's new. I think there are now two issues, but someone told me that they're not available here in the UK. It's owned by Future Publications, but published by their US branch. Future's UK branch publish Scrapbook Inspirations and Papercraft Inspirations, etc. and the logic was that they didn't want the US branch to compete with their UK one. Now that's what I was told but whether it's true is anyone's guess.

The magazine is monthly and each month includes a CD with lots of goodies, how-to videos, etc. (where we get lame-brain heart tins or useless little plastic things that are too small to hold anything). The magazine concentrates on how-to articles, but it does have a lot of layout ideas, too. Just not as many as say CK or Scrapbooks Etc. or the UK magazines. It's a bit more expensive (US$7.99) than the other US magazines (around $5.99 usually) but IMHO worth it.

If we can get it here, it's definitely something to look for.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (33)
    ARGH its out already!! Do any of our wonderful sponsors have it - its a definate NEEEEEED