Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)

Using CR to cut preprinted images?

At Bonanza I was told you could cut out preprinted images such as the decoupage sheets you can buy. I did see an example but didn't know enough about CR at that time to understand how it might be done. I was wondering if anyone had tried this and what would be the best way to attempt it. I love decoupage but can no longer use a knife for cutting out the images. If I can get CR to do it for me I would be really happy

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (106)
    I saw this done at a show recently. You have to scan in the image, then use part of the software to draw lines everwhere you want cutting, and then save the new image. When you print this off it now has all the cutting lines that the CR needs, but it looked very time consuming if you're only using an image once -- and if you're going to use the same one over and over I guess you could get in trouble as you're not paying for the image each time. But it should be OK for those you can download for free from various websites.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by K4ren
    At Bonanza I was told you could cut out preprinted images such as the decoupage sheets you can buy. I did see an example but didn't know enough about CR at that time to understand how it might be done. I was wondering if anyone had tried this and what would be the best way to attempt it. I love decoupage but can no longer use a knife for cutting out the images. If I can get CR to do it for me I would be really happy
    You have to scan in the images and then trace the shapes using the drawing tools in CR or use a drawing program that has live trace.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

View Gallery

Thanks Lucille that sounds time consuming Do you then have to print out the scan so CR will cut in the right places after the tracing?

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by K4ren
    Thanks Lucille that sounds time consuming Do you then have to print out the scan so CR will cut in the right places after the tracing?
    Yes. What you do is scan in the image using the options in CR, it appears on your on screen page, then you use the tools to trace around the shapes. Send it to print from CR with the 'registration marks'. Although you can see your tracing lines on screen they don't print. You then feed the printed sheet into CR and it cuts out the printed image.

If you are going to use the images for making lots of cards it would be worth tracing them.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

View Gallery

Thanks Lucille It sounds like a lot if I only want to make a few cards but something I will probably end up having a go at sometime just to say I can do it

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

rolling live trace program?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille
    You have to scan in the images and then trace the shapes using the drawing tools in CR or use a drawing program that has live trace.

What are some programs that have live trace? Then after you use that program then does the pic need to be transformed with something els?
    Elaine