Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)

sad My Quickutz has broken

I was just cutting a load of reindeer for christmas and the screw that the top handle pivots on has sheered off and shot across the room. I am so upset . (and so is DH because it nearly hit him , but I am more upset about my QK)Am I right in thinking they have a lifetime guarantee? Has anyone got experience of getting them replaced? It just does not work at all now. I have emailed QK. What is their customer services like?

Any experience anyone else has had would be great

thanks

Chantal

Happy Scrapper - Professional Thread Killer lesleyuk's Avatar
    View Gallery

Yes as far as I know they do.
    Get in touch with the retailer first them may be able to swap if to a new on for you.

She who dies with the most supplies, wins! scrapcat's Avatar
    Over the ocean in PEI Canada - born and bred in the UK though !! :)
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (39)
    This happened to me - nearly took my eye out !! I contacted QK but had no joy whatsoever .... Luckily in the end DH just screwed the bolt back in and it worked OK again.... Just remember to keep checking that the screw is tight every time you use it and you should be OK

View Gallery

thank you both-unfortunatley we cannot find the other bit! Will have to have a good look round. Stupidly I never posted the registration card and cannot find hte receipt for it either. So I am not angry with myself as well as the wretched machine

View Gallery

Just found the missing bit. It is the bit that the screw goes into and it is totally sheered right through, so will not go back together in any way without new parts...

She who dies with the most supplies, wins! scrapcat's Avatar
    Over the ocean in PEI Canada - born and bred in the UK though !! :)
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (39)
    Perhaps another similar bolt would work?? Worth a try

Good luck !!

Trust me....I'm full of scrap! Lorraine's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    they had a batch of QK ealrier on in the year with that exact problem. If you get in touch with the retailer you got it from they should give you a replacement

Me and My Daddy..... 4kidsat147's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (35)
    If not get in contact with Personal Impressions who is now the contact for replacements within the UK, I got some dies from the states and I was still told to go to them for replacements. - Any reply you get from quickutz will be to tell you to go there too.

So many ideas and so much stash - so little time! lynncooper's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (37)
    May try that too. I have had a QK for a couple of years and it has been really hard to use. People said it would get easier, but if anything it got worse. I use my dies in a sidekick now but still feel I should have done something about it, especially having tried other poeples QK and they are so easy to use. Never had a registration card with mine. I had so much hastle exchanging some faulty dies with the same shop I purchased my QK, I did not think it worth contacting them. I did email QK ages ago but no reply.
    Lynn x
    My Blog

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Chantal
    Stupidly I never posted the registration card
    I'm sure you did, it just got lost in the post - didn't it!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (45)
    QK are a blinkin nightmare to get an answer from at the best of times. When mine broke I phoned Personal Impressions and they told me to send it back to them - I had to argue a bit first mind, but they were really helpful once they knew I bought it in the US and it wasn't worth sending it back there. I packaged it up nice and neat and they sent me out a new one the same day they received it. The whole process took about a week, but only cos I couldn't get to the PO for a couple of days. I was really impressed.

View Gallery

Mine broke on Friday the same thing happened as you Chantal. Might contact Personal Impressions myself and see what response I get.

Elaine

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    I rang QK and spoke to a very nice chap about my broken handtool that was bought from a US retailer he then, very promptly, emailed me the address to send my QK back to.

Since then I found out I can return it to Personal Impressions and it is packaged up ready to go.

Helen

View Gallery

thanks for all your replies! Rang personal impressions who were utterly hopeless, and said they would not help at all and I had to go via the retailer despite all the info with the QK referring to them as being the contact for all warranty issues etc. Rang QVC and they are sendign a courier to collect it-but were pretty unclear about what I had to send back with it (I got it with the deal with 13 dies, binder etc and do not have all the bits still for various reasons). They also are unable to tell me when teh courier will come-which as I work is pretty unhelpful. So not a good start!