Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Printer that will take Cardstock

Hi,
    I can see this has been asked a while back, but not for a while and the recommendations in the old post are no longer available. So can anyone recommend a printer under £300 that will take cardstock without forcing it.
    Thank you
    Anj

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hi Anj, For me the best printers are always Epson with a rear feed. I have 2 one is a XP-750 an old one now but they should have similar available and I also have an XP-960 (that's a bit newer but still an oldish one) which is an A3 printer and I love it, they print beautiful photo's and great for any printing but I've used the A3 for putting 12x12 card stock in to print directly onto a scrapbook LO. Always check that the rear feed is nice and flat and not too upright as they feed thicker card better and I have no problems with mine. I've just checked and they do a 970 which has a back feed I think John Lewis are selling them for £219 and Amazon are selling them for £209 with an offer on at present. Hope that helps. They aren't as compact as the little Canon printers so it depends on the space available.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Meant to say... welcome to UKS!

View Gallery

That's really helpful Susie thank you, I'll let you know how I get on

View Gallery

I've found the Epson 970 on Camerworld website for £199 and if you signed up to their email they gave you £10 off £200 order, so I did and added a pack of batteries at £3 to take me over the £200 as they will come in handy and as it was free delivery it made the printer come in at £189 so I am very pleased. It will arrive on Tuesday and I can't wait to try it out

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Great and you can print on to 12x12 card stock too if you want. If it's a bit tight and I haven't found it to be, then trim 1mm off the edge. You sound a canny shopper just like myself.