Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Oh another gorgeous piece Shelia … you are on a roll. Pretty card Elaine

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Yes, indeed, lovely card! And that necklace is pretty too. Funny, isn't it, that everyone does so many crafts that aren't scrapbooking, and we used to discourage that. In a way, seeing al the other stuff people are doing re-invigorates my desire to look at all the crafts that fall by the wayside over time. I never really made jewelry but I do use jewelry findings and beads, etc to make stitch markers for my hand knitting.

I use a lot of the stamps and scrapbook papers and inks etc and basic mini-album construction to make more arty pieces

and I have brought art journaling techniques to my occasional scrapbooking layout (although this is an "album" made from manila folders rather than built on 12x12 paper to slip inside a page protector)

I really enjoy seeing all the interesting and surprising things everyone is doing.

View Gallery

You were always the master of mixed media MA long before it became fashionable

I remember making a 3D frame with you with an owl and teee at either scrap magic or scrap fever … must be 16 or more years ago

View Gallery

Yeah that would be the one where I sent her the wrong version of the PDF and everyone got to go pick out paper they wanted at the shop instead of the ones from the kit! No wonder I don't teach much LOL!

2009!

I'm not a complete idiot; some parts are missing! Jimjams's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    Quote Originally Posted by Craftylady
    Jemma, love the cross stitch, I've got loads of kits to do. I got my late hubby into it and he was doing one when he had a stroke so it never got finished. I said I'd finish it and hang it on the wall but I still can't bring myself to do it. Maybe one day.
    Good that hubby gave it a go - it's quite relaxing, but I can't watch TV at the same time as I need to ditch my specs to see up close. I listen to audiobooks and podcasts instead. It's helped my reading total no end - 35+ books this year so far!
    I am using threads from a kit I bought when in labour with DS1 (now 32) - and I never got past the very beginning as there was just never time to sit still after he was born! I threw away my 5% completed stitching and bought aida and a more appealing set of 3 patterns from ebay instead.
    You'll finish hubby's x-stitch one day, I'm sure - it would be lovely to have a piece of both of you up on the wall love0028.gif

Super necklace by the way.
    Jemma
    ScrappyCat

Holiday Bus Hufflepuff ♥Hearts♥ •CSI• »Lions« ~~Ships~~ ♫ Jingle Belles ♫ ►Explorers◄
    SLYMI: 47/52....My blog

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Will have to catch up later as I'm off out to plant my bedding plants but Jemma, just wanted to say if you have time please try to pop over to the Book club and share your reads with us. We are always looking for new books to read.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Fabulous card Elaine.

Love the necklace Sheila.

MaryAnne I just love those stitch markers and so much easier than trying to thread bits of coloured yarn through. I think you mentioned about having a knitting machine, is that right? Well clearing out our bedroom for re-decorating in the top of the wardrobe I found some old machine knitting pattern books. When I got M.E. I suddenly went from making lots of machine knitted items to being unable to remember how to use the machine and then I didn't have the energy either. Eventually I gave it and tons of yarn to the cat rescue. Now I would love to have it and be using it again but at the time I thought I'd never be well enough to use it. I couldn't even knit a baby item by hand because it was too heavy and I couldn't follow a pattern either.

I'm not sure if anyone would want these last few magazines now. One or two patterns are current but many are definitely out of date.

View Gallery

My knitting machine(s) are circular. You can make tubes or flat panels on them but only either about 18 stitches for the small one and 44 for the large. Even with those limitations you can do a lot! Here is the baby blanket I’m and working on!

View Gallery

MaryAnne that’s the very class.

Love the concept of knitting machines Susie and MA. I can knit but slowly. It was a breakthrough for me teaching myself to crochet as I can do it quickly and much more neatly.

I’ve never heard of circular knitting machines but that so pretty

So many photos, so little time g61's Avatar
    View Gallery

A circular knitting machine??
    Margo

I'm a member of Scrap Happens, in the Blue Brads House

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by g61 View Post
    A circular knitting machine??
    Yep. The Addi Express and Addi Kingsize!

largeduo.jpg

Oh and a small one that makes iCords by cranking in the same way - I make shoelaces with that one LOL!

img_4459-1.jpg

So many photos, so little time g61's Avatar
    View Gallery

Cool!!
    Margo

I'm a member of Scrap Happens, in the Blue Brads House

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Wow, never seen them before. I love the blanket you're making MaryAnne, very pretty. Mine was a big full on knitting machine which cost over £200 back in the 80's with a ribber. It was so quick to knit a jumper and I used to knit lots of little jumpers for my niece. Panda's with balloons that sort of thing, very cute. There was so much interest when she wore them to playgroup etc... that I was just about to start up a small business and then M.E. struck. It wasn't electronic and I couldn't move it at all. Just out of curiosity I had a look now to see how much they are and here's one like mine with ribber. £1650!!!

Screenshot 2022-06-11 at 16.18.50.png

My soul is fed by crafting. thriftycrafter's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    Lots of interesting things here and I think I remember seeing LOs featuring the young lady in your post MA, many years ago, how nice to see her again.
    Happily Scrapping for Scrap That

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    So much going on here ! Love your blanket MaryAnne, what a clever little machine.

Jemma lovely to see you again and congratulations on the little grandson, you’ll have no time for anything having grandchildren around, they are a real treasure. Does he live close by to you ? I look forward to seeing your baby boy pages, I have a 5 month old grandson after having 4 granddaughters, just making a start on his album now.
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022