Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer tigerlady's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    That window is stunning MaryAnne, I thought it was stained glass.

Team Leader of Scrappycats My blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Oh wow,I thought I’d missed a whole thread yesterday but I see you didn’t start it till later today

Karen, I do love your paintings, can’t wait to see what you’ve put behind the door
    Margo, your page is coming along nicely, I thought I spotted the BG motifica
    Elaine, as Margo says a clear desk is so you !
    Hilary, just amazing !! I love that fact that each piece will be unique, I love arty glass .
    MaryAnne those circles are very effective, what a great idea.

Not sure I can find my desk today, will try and be prepared for next week
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Wow, that's amazing, I don't even know what deli paper gel prints are but is extremely effective. I could, of course, have Googled it and pretended I did know but thought I'd let you tell me instead.

Hilary, when we were clearing our neighbour's house, I hate calling him our neighbour because he was more like family, but we found in his loft lots of moulds. His whole family were very arty/crafty and they may have belonged to his mum or sister when she started out. They were like a polystyrene inside but they looked like boxes. I never did find out what they were for or even the shapes they produced because I think hubby threw them out without telling me. I was not best pleased.

Anyway, I've put the mirror away and will show you what's left on my desk. Just bits of things that I am sorting through, not a single work in progress just stuff that I started and haven't used or have been unhappy with.

Elaine, if you see a piece of white card on the left just know it is for the bin, as you say, it's just a piece of card. I was trying to cut a card blank and it was too thick. Mind you, I may trim it down and put it with other card blanks, it hasn't reached the bin yet. My other desks are just full of paperwork I have to deal with so I can't use my die cutting machine or Silhouette that are set up there even if I had time.

P1110450.jpg

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I sort of left a bit hanging there when I said 'when his sister started out...' His sister was a sculptor.

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer tigerlady's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    [QUOTE=Susie.A;6777755]

Hilary, when we were clearing our neighbour's house, I hate calling him our neighbour because he was more like family, but we found in his loft lots of moulds. His whole family were very arty/crafty and they may have belonged to his mum or sister when she started out. They were like a polystyrene inside but they looked like boxes. I never did find out what they were for or even the shapes they produced because I think hubby threw them out without telling me. I was not best pleased.

Oops deleted the wrong bit!

Intriguing! I wonder what they were? I don't think they would be glass moulds. OK I see your follow up post now! Perhaps two part moulds for casting did they have rubber bands round them holding two parts together?

Team Leader of Scrappycats My blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Susie, hubby in trouble again ! I guess we’ll never know.

OK my desk isn’t as bad as I thought, forgot I’d cleared it so I could get to the pc to do some photo sorting, so nothing exciting to see …..

5A094BA5-8E0F-4117-8A28-D66A7D602E3C.jpeg
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

So many photos, so little time g61's Avatar
    View Gallery

Alison, I feel your pain with the photo sorting.
    MaryAnne, I've never seen anything like your 'curtain'. Ingenious.
    Susie, such a tidy desk! What an intriguing story about the moulds.
    Margo

I'm a member of Scrap Happens, in the Blue Brads House

I'm not a complete idiot; some parts are missing! Jimjams's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    Start as I mean to go on - so I've come across to see what's happening (and like Karen, I couldn't remember what day of the week it was). Amazing glass from Hilary and a different sort of stained glass from MA
    My scrap-desk is also my still-working-from-home-after-26-month-due-to-COVID-desk, which means that my scrapping has been restricted to my monthly crop - which was also rather devastated by lockdowns and masks. BUT, I am a proud granny of 3 months so have been cross-stitching at one end of the dining table:
    IMG_20220529_090746_506~2 (1040 x 780).jpg
    Last edited by Jimjams; 10-06-2022 at 01:31 AM.
    Jemma
    ScrappyCat

Holiday Bus Hufflepuff ♥Hearts♥ •CSI• »Lions« ~~Ships~~ ♫ Jingle Belles ♫ ►Explorers◄
    SLYMI: 47/52....My blog

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Margo, the desk was only tidy because I'd just cleared it to see what I had on there to sort out or throw away.

Alison, he's always in trouble for one reason or another you know that. Has your cockerel turned up or do you fear the worst? Are they known to disappear and return again?

Hilary, I did look at the moulds but couldn't make out exactly what they'd been used for. They were very old and had a sort of plastic outer casing and I was going to investigate further and see if anyone could use them but obviously that never happened. He said he's thrown them out but he lies all the time so I'll have to check, he is such a wind-up merchant. They made a sort of box when put together and there must have been around 8 or more of them in total.

Jemma, the rest may know but I don't, have you a granddaughter or grandson? Many congratulations! Love the cross-stitching I'd need a strong magnifying glass for that I think.

Talk about not knowing which day of the week it is, I've only just realised that yesterday was Thursday not Wednesday.
    Last edited by Susie.A; 10-06-2022 at 01:05 AM.

I'm not a complete idiot; some parts are missing! Jimjams's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    Quote Originally Posted by Susie.A
    Hilary, I did look at the moulds but couldn't make out exactly what they'd been used for. They were very old and had a sort of plastic outer casing and I was going to investigate further and see if anyone could use them but obviously that never happened. He said he's thrown them out but he lies all the time so I'll have to check, he is such a wind-up merchant. They made a sort of box when put together and there must have been around 8 or more of them in total.
    Chocolate perhaps?
    Quote Originally Posted by Susie.
    Jemma, the rest may know but I don't, have you a granddaughter or grandson? Many congratulations! Love the cross-stitching I'd need a strong magnifying glass for that I think.
    Grandson - Oliver I doubt I'll be able to do any more if we get more grandchildren (unless they are quick) because a) I keep getting aching wrists if I do it too long and b) my eyesight is getting worse - I remove my varifocals to do the stitching as I'm OK at less than arms length!
    Jemma
    ScrappyCat

Holiday Bus Hufflepuff ♥Hearts♥ •CSI• »Lions« ~~Ships~~ ♫ Jingle Belles ♫ ►Explorers◄
    SLYMI: 47/52....My blog

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Quote Originally Posted by Susie.A View Post
    Wow, that's amazing, I don't even know what deli paper gel prints are but is extremely effective. I could, of course, have Googled it and pretended I did know but thought I'd let you tell me instead.
    Gel printing involves rolling paint onto a gel plate, adding marks and laying on a piece of paper to "pull" the print off the plate - once upon a time the plates were made using actual gelatin, very densely prepared, but at some point a few companies learned how to make them out of longer lasting materials. Gelli Arts was the first, I think, but now there are many others.

Deli paper is a US thing, a bit like parchment paper, but not quite. It's called that because deli's used to wrap their sandwiches in it. It is a bit translucent but pretty strong.

Hope that helps!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    That cross stitch looks beautiful Jemma.
    I used to love cross stitch but I only did it in front of the TV at night and even with varifocals switching between close and distant became too hard. Now I crochet. Bigger stitches!

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimjams View Post
    ... I am a proud granny of 3 months so have been cross-stitching at one end of the dining table:
    WOW. That is lovely. Yeah, my eyes are not up to that sort of work anymore, but hey ho. Congrats on the grandbaby!

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Congratulations Jemma. Being a grandparent is THE best.

I’m a bit late to the party..but here is my set up and what I’ve been working on this morning

747859B0-6FDF-4A99-8060-4C741B3C7FE3.jpeg

A95A3975-8AAF-4ADD-94CA-F581935B3869.jpeg

View Gallery

Jemma, love the cross stitch, I've got loads of kits to do. I got my late hubby into it and he was doing one when he had a stroke so it never got finished. I said I'd finish it and hang it on the wall but I still can't bring myself to do it. Maybe one day. Congratulations on the little grandson. I finished this necklace on Wednesday morning:
    Kong necklace.jpg