Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)

What's on your desk Wednesday

OK Ladies - the eagle eyed of you will have spotted I messed up at the first hurdle.

Hilary suggested What's on your desk Wednesday which I will TRY and do every week but since retiring I never truly know what day it is.

Anyway - a place for you to share what's on your desk - I appreciate it might not all be scrapping (mine isn't today as it happens)

You can add these to the thread in the same way as adding to the photo thread. Just make sure you add a small sized image

View Gallery

This is what is in mine at the moment

1765382D-62F0-4DB1-A783-53546F676BA0.jpeg

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer tigerlady's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    Ooh, pretty. I am so envious of anyone who can draw or paint. I will see if I can take a photo of what I am currently up to but i is chaotic to say the least!

Team Leader of Scrappycats My blog

So many photos, so little time g61's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Karen, another fab work of art in progress.
    Hilary, yours can't be any more chaotic than mine! Here it is - I am working on the Twisted Scraplift, but don't hold your breath:

220609_WOYWW.jpg
    Margo

I'm a member of Scrap Happens, in the Blue Brads House

View Gallery

F9C5627A-9B3E-4340-9187-17723F0D6884.jpegE9AA00FB-024A-4574-95F3-1514C49AD3F6.jpg ok, top left is where I cut, cook saw and grind my glass, aka my utility room! Second pic is my first attempt at coasters, bottom left is what’s currently in my kiln and bottom right is some I finished off last week which have already tangled into a great heap!
    First pic is my collection of "shinys" they are so pretty especially the colour changing ones! I have been known to stroke them , but that’s not a wise move with glass!
    Margo, my working is so chaotic it is taking over 2 rooms! I love the colours of those papers, definitely my shades of green. Which castle is it?
    Last edited by tigerlady; 09-06-2022 at 05:35 PM.

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    I don’t necessarily think it should be just you that starts the Wednesday threads Karen. Maybe we should do, say, as we do for the community chat and whoever thinks of it starts it. It takes the pressure off if you think that’s a good idea.
    I had a major blitz earlier so nothing to show on my desk today but nice to see this thread up and running again.
    Another lovely LO in the making Margo.

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Crossed somehow Hilary. Great looking pendants.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Ah this isn't fair, I'm just about to do my hair and I have a mirror on my desk at present so not bothering to take a photo of that.

Love the door Karen and love the grass coming up through the paving flags.

That's coming together nicely Margo , I love the blocks of paper and I spy a very pretty tree paper in the background. Look forward to seeing the finished result.

Hilary, that looks like a very productive work space and top right picture with the green and pink, what gorgeous colours. The pendants are lovely.

I will join in with this when I'm back to crafting or sooner but I think Elaine that's a great idea. Whoever is up and awake first could start it. We all tend to lose track of days when we're at home Karen and it's one less thing to worry about, a lot of people found that during Covid lockdowns. Also, that way you don't have to worry about being away and starting the thread and it works well in Community Chat. When I have to do prompts for the snap challenge I often put them up about 1am because I'm often still up at that time and if I did it when I got up in the morning, or my version of it, the day would be gone.

So many photos, so little time g61's Avatar
    View Gallery

Absolutely beautiful colours, Hilary, I can see why you want to stroke them! It's Alnwick Castle. (Has anybody spotted the scraps of Motifica )
    Elaine, a photo of a clear desk would be so you!! Totally agree that just anybody should be able to start these threads.
    Margo

I'm a member of Scrap Happens, in the Blue Brads House

View Gallery

Margo I love the colours of that page - beautiful - it's going to be lovely.

Hilary you are in awe of drawing I am in awe of the stuff you do - glass fusing is a foreign art to me like a sort of alchemy. Utterly beautiful.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by g61 View Post
    Absolutely beautiful colours, Hilary, I can see why you want to stroke them! It's Alnwick Castle. (Has anybody spotted the scraps of Motifica )
    Elaine, a photo of a clear desk would be so you!! Totally agree that just anybody should be able to start these threads.
    I'd much rather that - takes the pressure off me... yes please

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    I might as well join in, even if I missed doing so on Wednesday. I have been using my scrappy supplies in a different way! I used all manner of circle dies to make frames from heavy black cardstock. I stuck them front and back to some deli paper gel prints and cut trimmed to the edge. I stuck those (and some empty frames into a sort of curtain for my side window - one down, need to make it's companion!

No scrapping for me lately - one kid in San Fran and one not happy for photos that aren't selfies LOL! I've never been a Book of Me kinda person so just waiting for the eventual grandchild to appear some day , maybe.

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerlady View Post
    ... ok, top left is where I cut, cook saw and grind my glass, aka my utility room! Second pic is my first attempt at coasters, bottom left is what’s currently in my kiln and bottom right is some I finished off last week which have already tangled into a great heap!...
    Now that is a desk! Mercy Maud, the glass bits are lovely. Like you I have two rooms, one for papercrafting of any kind, and one for yarn, sewing and {gasp!} IRONING.

I should consolodate Margo the layout is a lovely design, just my taste, and Karen, lordy you are a talented painter. That door is stunning.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by scrapdolly View Post
    Margo I love the colours of that page - beautiful - it's going to be lovely.

Hilary you are in awe of drawing I am in awe of the stuff you do - glass fusing is a foreign art to me like a sort of alchemy. Utterly beautiful.
    It’s the alchemy that I love-you can put a blue piece in the kiln and it comes out red because of the glass it is touching it. You can’t predict it, I just made 10drawer pulls for a set of drawers I am upcycling. Every single one is different despite putting the same colours of glass into the kiln. It is fascinating and also very frustrating.

View Gallery

MaryAnne that’s inspired … love it

The door now has a painting behind it. I have space in an exhibition in August so I am painting for that.