Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Testing and Help

Notices

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)

UKS tips and tricks

Please use this thread to add your UKS tips and tricks!

I'll start with one a lot of people didn't seem to be aware of. Forum Spy! Click the link in the red bar above.

Forum Spy is a page of the New Posts as they happen. There is no need to refresh the page.
    You can use it to keep up with all the latest posts and threads on the Forums. Clicking on the envelope
    will take you to the first post in the thread. Clicking on the title will take you to that specific post.
    A new tab/window will open so that this page remains to collect the new posts for you.

CARD MAKER AND CR OWNER
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Thank you MaryAnne. Is this for things associated with using the UKS site or general things with regard to scrapping and or card making please?

scrapping in the sun (or snow) Maria in France's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    thank you, but the link saying registered members can exclude forums from appearing by clicking here doesnt work (and hasnt for at least a year) just another anachronism of the site I suppose.

and is there a way to delete a post one has made? I never can.

also a way to remove a photo that is showing the wrong way round would be good. removing it and re-doing it just results in it appearing twice, the wrong way and then the right way .

sorry, realise this isnt for wish lists, but just wondered if anyone knew whilst people were giving tips and tricks.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by yiayia View Post
    Thank you MaryAnne. Is this for things associated with using the UKS site or general things with regard to scrapping and or card making please?
    For using UKS - I would post general scrapbooking tips and tricks in General Scrapping.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Maria in France View Post
    thank you, but the link saying registered members can exclude forums from appearing by clicking here doesnt work (and hasnt for at least a year) just another anachronism of the site I suppose.

and is there a way to delete a post one has made? I never can.

also a way to remove a photo that is showing the wrong way round would be good. removing it and re-doing it just results in it appearing twice, the wrong way and then the right way .

sorry, realise this isnt for wish lists, but just wondered if anyone knew whilst people were giving tips and tricks.
    The Forum Spy link - I suspect when we upgraded the forum to the newest version we are able to run that link broke and was not removed. I'll have a look and see if it can be deleted.

No, it has never been a thing for people to delete posts - that can mess up the indexing of the database. You can edit any post to BLANK by clicking the edit button and removing all the text but not remove the post itself.

Not entirely sure about the "removing a photo" questions. Do you mean in the Gallery or in a post? Have you looked at the Manage Attachments section in the advanced posting option? That should allow you to remove an attached image then re upload the right one if you messed up the first one! Or are you saying somehow the upload process is rotating the photo??

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    I was going to say the same MA … you need to go into advanced options to delete the photo from your thread

It often happens when uploading from a phone if you haven’t oriented it the right way round before upload. But advanced options will enable you to remove it

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I think people do have problems if the photo hasn't been edited before posting or at least that has been the issue for me on the odd occasion I do upload from my phone.

I didn't know how to delete a photo from a thread so thanks for that.

One of the things mentioned in your original thread was about trying to find LO's and as someone mentioned (apologies to whoever it was) I also just save to favourites when I see a LO I think I may want to lift in the future. A quick easy fix but perhaps some haven't know about it - they will now.