Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    So many photos, so little time g61's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Basic Grey Motifica

So, on another thread I confessed to having some BG Motifica, which I can hardly bear to use (will my LO be worthy of it?). Anyway, it turns out that I am not alone. Scrapdolly aka Karen suggested we challenge each other to use it. This will take me right out of my comfort zone, but so what?
    If you want to join in, post on this thread.

This is not an official UKS challenge, it's just for a bit of fun for BG Motifica lovers. It can be combined with any 'official' challenge if you like, or none at all, it doesn't matter. Once we have a few people signed up I'll set a deadline, and we can support each other through the painful process. Or maybe it will actually be cathartic, who knows?
    Margo

I'm a member of Scrap Happens, in the Blue Brads House

My soul is fed by crafting. thriftycrafter's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    Do you have pics of it please? I have some BG but not sure what range.
    https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/155233518378507343/

Found it, please remove if not allowed

I don't think I have that, mine has wisteria type flowers on eta- I just dug it out and - strangely enough it's called Wisteria, I also found some from the BG Pattern paper range

You do have some great LOs with buildings on and visits to historical sites, you can do this!
    Last edited by thriftycrafter; 06-06-2022 at 03:37 PM.
    Happily Scrapping for Scrap That

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    That's the sort of page I was thinking of for the papers I've got from that collection. I've only got a few. I'll try and give it a go Margo depending on time as I've got a few things going on the next few weeks

View Gallery

Karelyn, shame it's not Motifica that you have - but we could extend this to any BG, or you could always start another thread to flush out some hoarders for whatever BG line you have

Cris, no worries, I will set a loooong deadline. I just thought we'd need a deadline of sorts, otherwise - well, I know I just wouldn't do it at all, but maybe that's just me!
    Margo

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    I haven’t got motifica, I have other odd sheets left from other sets, I’ll see what I’ve got ……
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Margo what an utterly brilliant idea. I am in

Karelyn I think after this one maybe we ought to do a general Basic Grey one - it was such a popular make of paper and the only one I used to buy the whole pack of from most collections.

My soul is fed by crafting. thriftycrafter's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    Well, I've just had a good sort through my 'loose, odd' papers and found 38 sheets of BG from 14 ranges and not one is from Motifica LOL
    I have reminded myself of some 'too good to use' Scarlet's letter and RdG sheets and several pieces that must have been gifts which are rather lovely, along with some from Mother's (still alive and a card maker), which I haven't quite felt ownership of.
    My name is Thriftycrafter and I'm a stash hoarder!
    I have, however found 7 sheets which will fit the colour challenge- I hope, what's the betting just one gets used.

Looking forward to seeing what you all make with your Motifica (the name puts me in mind of the Addams family).
    Happily Scrapping for Scrap That

View Gallery

I'm not going to attempt to count my basic grey - I am too ashamed, but suffice to say it fills four weston boxes (hangs head in shame) plus a fifth of basic grey alphas (which I still love )

View Gallery

I don't have any Mortifica papers but I look forward to seeing what you come up with

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    I don’t have any Basic Grey at all. I think I’ve only ever had a couple of pages. It obviously didn’t appeal to my style so never bought any.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

No Basic Grey here either so that lets me off the hook. I used to come on here in the early days and be swept away by the comments about all these 'must have' paper collections that I never liked or wanted to use. I think that's how I've accumulated so much 12x12 paper that never got used. I've learnt now to do things in my own way and my own style and not even attempt to copy anyone else, it just doesn't work for me.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    I love the BG alphas, sadly I’m running out of useful letters
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

View Gallery

Alison I use a sharpie to colour them if I do t have the right letters to match as well … but I swore I’d call new cats xzjqz and zxqjxy so I cou,d use all those odd letters up��

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    I don’t have big stash of basic grey either, I always found it a bit to grungy for me. I think I have a few sheet though and remember making a Christmas journal with one of their collections, I also have quite a few of the 12x 12 alphabets sheets. Love the tip about colouring them with a sharpie. I’m pretty sure I don’t have any Mortifica though.
    Jo x
    [

Christmas Advent Swap

View Gallery

Motifica is obviously a bit 'Marmite' - you either love it or hate it. I'll bet those of you who don't like it are hoarding something completely different, so come on, own up!!
    Margo