Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)

Oldest supplies regularly used

Ok this is a bit like an AA thread. ‘Hello my name is Karen and I’m a paper addict’.

Lots of us have been scrapping for years and have the shameful stash to prove it. What are your oldest supplies? The things you bought first and either do or do not still use.

Mine would have to be papers. I still have papers I bought when I started out and I confess to still using them. Only the other day I used some old papers from a ‘hot off the press’ book. Does anyone remember those?

I also have hundreds of Rub ons from way back.

so … what do you still have and use that’s old. (We will do what you have and DONT USE another time as that’s a whole new confession)

So many photos, so little time g61's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Ha. Basic Grey Motifica papers. Had them since I started and still love them. Can't bear to use them!

Then there's the pack of 180 sheets of My Mind's Eye Wild Asparagus I bought, a long time ago - 2010 maybe? It seemed like a good idea at the time. I thought they were going to outlast me, so I made a concerted effort to use them, and only have a handful of scraps left now. Never again!

Karen, rub-ons I find just don't rub on any more, if I've kept them too long, but that may be a brand/quality issue. So any tips for making old rubons work would be welcomed. I've tried warming them first, to no avail.
    Margo

I'm a member of Scrap Happens, in the Blue Brads House

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    I started with Creative Memories way back, and was even a ‘consultant’ for a while so I still have cardstock left which I use, and some PP’s not to mention a couple or more albums. I recently used two CM albums to redo two ‘magnetic’ albums inherited from my aunt to save their contents. And I still use my CM mini guillotine on a regular basis

Oh yes, I have rub ons too, and HOTP paper books, I can’t throw anything out !

Margo, I did that with SEI papers, I bought all the early ranges and still have quite a pile left
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

View Gallery

Oh I am so glad it’s not just me

I loved all basic grey Margo and I have some mortifica too both 12x12 and the 8” pads. Maybe we should challenge each other to make one page with it

Alison I went to a CM party back in 2003 and I still swear by my CM corner rounder and circle cutters … such good quality

Dedicated Scrapper Crafty Sandra's Avatar
    View Gallery

Dont think I have any old supplies. When I was packing to move went through my craft stash and sent to charity shops anything that I hadnt used for years and doubted I would ever use.

Chinese whisper LO swap

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    I think I probably have papers going back to about 2004. I have some BG Motifica and a few other old ones - the vintage baby collections but I can't remember their names off hand
    I have some Making Memories papers and rub-ons too (and I think mine have the same prolem as yours Margo )
    I also have the CM corner rounder which is great
    I use my old papers when they seem to fit the page I'm doing but I've only recently done fee LOs after a couple of years of not scrapping at all. I went through all my papers (took a while ) to try and remember what I'd got and did use some older stash on the pages I did which was nice

I don't know if that really answered the question - sorry

View Gallery

It’s perfect Cris … just to get people chatting

View Gallery

I also started with CM, but then found a crop which did things totally differently, which I much preferred. I've got a whole set of Anna Griffin papers I got in a set together with a VHS (remember them?) and I've only done one of the pages. I now don't have a VHS player so can't watch it now. I also still have a lot of HOTP books of papers. I've got a few rub-ons but don't know if they are still usable.

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer tigerlady's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    All my supplies are old! I buy what I like , pay no heed to what is in vogue or even what make anything is. My stuff is cheap but as long as it tells the story I want it to tell, what does it matter? Nobody will know if I was a “trendy” scrapper 50 years from now.

Team Leader of Scrappycats My blog

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

SEI, Brenda Walton, K&Co, I will have to come back to this, I have loads. I used to buy some just to keep. Anna Griffin and I love rub-ons to this day. Off out today but will be back later and thank you Karen, it's nice to feel I'm not alone.

View Gallery

Oooh some fab names there. I have just parted with a lot of my Anna Griffin because it's just not my style. Never was really but it was a QVC buy but K and Co I have loads and I'd buy more as I still love it. Have loads of Chatterbox too - they were really unusual with a silky linen finish I loved.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by scrapdolly View Post
    I loved all basic grey Margo and I have some mortifica too both 12x12 and the 8” pads. Maybe we should challenge each other to make one page with it ...
    Great idea! I see Cris has some too, so I've started a thread to see if there are any others out there.
    Margo

My soul is fed by crafting. thriftycrafter's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    I know I'm not alone in having some paper from stacks from hard to remember the name- it will come Papermania?, the ones that did blue in 6 designs, yellow in the same 6, lilac ... It was all I could get here we've never had lovely craft shops, or crops nearby.
    Fibres were a thing I downsized when we moved, but I still have some.
    Acetate sheets, lacy cut sheets before die cutting machines were widely owned.
    I still have rub ons, but am now happy to find a sheet that refuses to stick and I can bin that.

I've still got BG, Twelve by 12 brand with the gorgeous flowers on, I liked K&Co, probably still have the odd sheet, Rouge de Garance- ooh that was good.

I'm always quite pleased when I use an ancient piece, especially if I don't actually like it but it does a good job on a LO.

I'd been scrapping a while before I found a CM supplier and bought the cutting system with the sheets and plastic shapes to guide the round cutter, still use that lots and the corner rounder, use my Cuttlebug still, mostly for cards.
    Last edited by thriftycrafter; 06-06-2022 at 04:34 PM.
    Happily Scrapping for Scrap That

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    I think the collection you're talking about thriftycrafter is called Wisteria. I like BG Urban Couture and Scarlet's Letter too.
    Oh yes Susie - SEI I bought a collection that was sugar almond colours to scrap DS2's christening. I still have the papers and haven't scrapped the Christening . He's about to turn 21 LOL
    I also have a few K & Co papers from a few different collections and some KI Memories, some October Afternoon (I know some people hoard that) and some Cosmo Cricket.

I don't think I used to buy papers very well then. I'd buy one or 2 from a collection and then not have anything to go with them. I think I buy differently now but I do have a bit more spare cash then I did when the boys were small so I probably spend a bit more than I did back then

I think I need to scrap more and buy less

View Gallery

Cris, I loved Scarlett's Letter too. I used it to cover pages for a birthday book that I made - somewhere to store birthday cards month by month. (As if I'm organised enough to make them well in advance, ha ha!)
    I was nodding along as you listed these other brands: Cosmo Cricket, K&Co - especially Ancestry, I have a lot (too much) of that. Recently-ish I found photos and papers I'd put aside for doing a LO of DD's prom - she's 31 now, and the stash is sitting in my 'work in progress' pile, so maybe we need another challenge - to scrap those old events?

thrifty, oh I have one of those Papermania packs too. It's on my 'must use up' list. And I'm lucky enough to still have some Rouge de Garance.
    Margo