Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Not a scrapper, a card and boxer.
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    The most recent thing I've made is place name cards for my step sons wedding, I wrote each persons name with the pen holder then cut them out with a cut out heart in the corner. Then I cut pieces of card in the wedding theme colour and pasted it behind to show up the heart in pink. Easy to do and quick to make. I did them in that nice shimmery card in white with a silver shimmer.
    Actually the very latest thing I made was a photo of the happy couple in a box frame with a frame of pressed petals from a rose in her bouquet, with a strip of satin ribbon form her bouquet also and some of the crystals from the table loose in the bottom of the frame. I used my portrait to size and print the photograph and to write their names and cut the backing card which was the same as the card I made the place names with. I'd love to hear what everyone else has been making.

View Gallery

Bobble21, have you got any photo's to share, it all sounds lovely

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by bobble21 View Post
    The most recent thing I've made is place name cards for my step sons wedding, I wrote each persons name with the pen holder then cut them out with a cut out heart in the corner. Then I cut pieces of card in the wedding theme colour and pasted it behind to show up the heart in pink. Easy to do and quick to make. I did them in that nice shimmery card in white with a silver shimmer.
    Actually the very latest thing I made was a photo of the happy couple in a box frame with a frame of pressed petals from a rose in her bouquet, with a strip of satin ribbon form her bouquet also and some of the crystals from the table loose in the bottom of the frame. I used my portrait to size and print the photograph and to write their names and cut the backing card which was the same as the card I made the place names with. I'd love to hear what everyone else has been making.
    You have to share all of this, it sounds wonderful - please...

View Gallery

That is a great idea. I will look for a thread that begins 'what I am working on now'
    Petrina

Not a scrapper, a card and boxer.
    View Gallery

I can't post a picture I've given the items to the happy couple and didn't think to take a picture, sorry. Thanks for the lovely comments though.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Ask them to take a photo, I've done that in the past when I've forgotten to take one, if they can that is.

Petrina, I think you can just start a thread now, you don't have to look for one. I thank that is what MaryAnne or Karen were encouraging us to do. There may be one in General Scrapping and if not start it.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    I have always taken photos of the cards I make since I started making cards. I can then look back on the cards I have made in the past. Making sure family and friends are not going to be sent the same card again.

Can we post photos directly on here or do they have to go into the gallery, or can we we post a link to a photo host site?

I have not be around much as with so many bank holidays following each other and we have been away for all this year so far.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

You can post here if you don't want to put it in the gallery. We don't usually put our cards for the card challenges in the gallery nor the photo's for the snapchat thread, they just get posted in the thread.

Funnily enough, my niece and nephew often send me the same birthday card or cards for any event. They obviously see a card they like and it is usually the same card.

I try to take a photo for the same reason, so I don't send them the same card again.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    I have always taken photos of the cards I make since I started making cards. I can then look back on the cards I have made in the past. Making sure family and friends are not going to be sent the same card again.

Can we post photos directly on here or do they have to go into the gallery, or can we we post a link to a photo host site?

I have not be around much as with so many bank holidays following each other and we have been away for all this year so far.
    Probably best to add photos here Margaret host sites often have adverts for things to buy and hat's not allowed as Graphtec pay to sponsor this section

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    I know this has been asked by me before, but one thing I am looking at is the image attachments. There are a lot of files in the templates section that are massive. One card is over 12mb (from 2006, a .GSD) and I just have no idea if those things are worth keeping around.

I want to clean things up and make the templates organized in the best way possible but have literally no idea how to do that!

Are there any file types that are no longer used? Are there any that are so infrequently used by regular visitors that we can axe them?

Is there a better way to organize the templates to make them more usable? Or is a better question do people still use the template files at all?!

I am open to any and all suggestions - maybe even just having people tell me HOW they use the templates section would give me some information to help me decide.

Thanks!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks Doreen, I'd completely forgotten that Graphtec sponsor this section. Sorry for the duff info Neries.

Wow, 12mb is huge isn't it but I'll leave that to someone else to answer since my knowledge is extremely limited to Silhouette files which I believe can't be shared and SVG's.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    That is certainly a very large file. I know the GSDs can be used with Studio software but I can't remember when I last downloaded one but maybe other people do. The trouble is not many frequent this part of UKS or perhaps I should say not many post so it's not easy to know if they use the files or not. Hopefully those that do post can help with ideas.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I would have thought that those who used the files would say a 'thank you', I know I always did and people used to but that was a while ago. At least it was an indication who was coming onto the thread. Have to check out what you've all been up to. I know when I last looked I didn't use them because they were so clever and intricate in the main and that is where I was falling down with the cutting. Anything too intricate and my Silhouette seemed to start tearing the card. Oh it all started off with great promise and then half way through I'd have this shredded mess. I know it is something I'm doing wrong and when I get back into it I'll pester you all until I get it right.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    I have a silhouette portrait which only gets used once in a while. I use it mainly to cut the odd word, or a numbers for a birthday card just using the basic fonts available, don’t think I have the patience to do anything fancy, I admire those of you who can design and do fancy things !
    I have used a couple of templates from this thread, but a long time ago, I think I said Thankyou at the time ( well I hope I did !)
    I’ve started looking through again, think there may a couple more I’d like to use, for specific scrapping projects I have on the go, if I can remember how to use them !
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    I know this has been asked by me before, but one thing I am looking at is the image attachments. There are a lot of files in the templates section that are massive. One card is over 12mb (from 2006, a .GSD) and I just have no idea if those things are worth keeping around.

I want to clean things up and make the templates organized in the best way possible but have literally no idea how to do that!

Are there any file types that are no longer used? Are there any that are so infrequently used by regular visitors that we can axe them?

Is there a better way to organize the templates to make them more usable? Or is a better question do people still use the template files at all?!

I am open to any and all suggestions - maybe even just having people tell me HOW they use the templates section would give me some information to help me decide.

Thanks!
    I would be inclined to do away with gsd files on the basis that new users probably aren’t aware that they can be used in Silhouette Studio and users who have been members for a long time have had plenty of opportunity to download them by now. Perhaps it would be worthwhile starting a new thread simply called “How do you use the Templates Section” or “Should the Templates Section be closed” in the hope more people will read it and respond rather than not noticing it in this thread.