Quote Originally Posted by Susie.A View Post
Thanks as always for the replies ladies. I did buy new blades a while ago now so I'm not desperate but will definitely check out that link and order the new blade.

I have also bought a new mat which I have used and it was very sticky. I tried washing and resticking my old one but it felt uneven (my fault no doubt) so sticky in some places more than others. Recently I needed large numbers for kiddies birthday cards and my Silhouette came out and that was great but whenever I attempt to do a more intricate design I seem to have problems with the card lifting and tearing.

As I keep banging on about, we have tons going on here at present, re-vamping next door (long story) and future proofing our home for our approaching old age so crafting has almost disappeared from my life which is a shame as I have this beautiful new craft room at last. So for now, thanks for the hints and tips, I will check out the link get a new blade and at some point be back on here picking your brains because the software has changed so much now. Also, I used to have a pc and I've had a Mac for about 9 years now and I used to use Inkscape for welding words and things but don't have that on here, not even sure if it is compatible. I'll be needing to find a software to do some basic designs unless that is all in this new software from Silhouette, as you can tell I'm really out of touch but know you're here for advice is very reassuring.
Yes you defintely can design in Silhouette studio it has lots of features, welding being one. The features vary depending whether you are using the basic version or pay to upgrade to Designer or Business edition but you can do lots in the basic version. Personally I think it is much more user friendly than Inkscape.