Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Sharon how lovely to see you posting - we certainly do not want to stop chatting in teams at all, but it will be lovely to see you around generally too. I like that idea. Thank you for taking e time to explain your thoughts and for your kind words

Our challenges are not going anywhere so you will still have plenty to play with

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Quote Originally Posted by sharon1973 View Post
    FB is great for inspiration but if you see a layout or comment you like and want to come back to it, unless you screenshot it or write it down - its gone! ...
    Trust me, I am not a fan, but it would be mean not to share If you click the three dots at the right over any post then select Save Post

save FB post.jpg

you can retrieve it later by clicking the three little bars for MORE

more.jpg

then go right down to the bottom of the left sidebar list to see SAVED posts.

Of course with the next re-design it'll probably all change....

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Here, here. Well said.

As you say:"I also don't feel that some of the strong negative comments are helpful at all! Mary Anne, Sue and Karen do a super job with this site and we should be trying to help it continue if we want it to, rather than criticising. If you don't want to be here then there are lots of other places you can go to!
    ***************"
    Petrina

My soul is fed by crafting. thriftycrafter's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    Nice to see a few different names adding to the discussion too.
    Part of the problem could be that what we write doesn't show us the tone intended and I know our team felt well and truly got at, as if we were causing the problems. I don't think that was intended, but that's how some of the comments came across to those who felt that they were being very active members.
    Anyway looks like lots of us want to keep on scrapping here anyway, so let's do it... and chat if we have time.
    Happily Scrapping for Scrap That

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Well, it’s feeling like it used to a couple of years ago, you miss a day and you miss loads of chat ! How lovely to see people coming and joining in chat again, I do hope it continues this time. I’m ready to see the changes and hope we can all enjoy the rest of 2022 at least
    It’s sad that we are losing a couple of regulars, unfortunately the written word can easily be misunderstood and taken the wrong way, I’m sure that was never the intention.
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

People can always come back if they change their mind, nothing is set in stone.

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    That’s good to know but I think the damage has been done sadly.
    I agree with Karelyn that we did feel ganged up on.. and some of us came out fighting, understandably.
    However the written word can often be misconstrued so I’m pulling on my big girl pants and moving on. Let’s get our scrap on.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Are those your Bridget Jones pants Elaine, not your favourite pair?

View Gallery

I had to put mine on a week ago but nothing new there … it’s one of my favourite phrases.

There’s a lot to be said for big girl pants

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    So I'm late to the party... although I'm kind of glad I missed the drama in the middle and it looks like everyone has made up again. Firstly can I say THANKYOU to the team that run UKS. I appreciate the effort and time you put in.

I love UKS. It is the reason that I went from 'making a birthday present for a friend' to being a scrapbooker. It is the reason I have some of the most amazing and lovely IRL friends, who have supported me through some hard times, and even though I now live the other side of the country, we are still in contact and I look forward to meeting with them. Hedgie (I know you are lurking )

I did leave UKS for a number of years. Life got in the way ^^ and Facebook became my outlet... but when I got kicked off FLOPP, and went on long term sick from work... I did the only thing I knew how to do - and I dug out a laptop and came home to UKS.

So, my post is going somewhere (honest!), I am comfortable with a forum set-up. I used to mod on a very popular forum. There are things I love about the way this forum is. In particular, I love that the latest lo's into the gallery are shown accross the top - I try my best to comment on those {and as many as I can manage in the time scale, trying my best to make sure each person has got at least one comment till I find my last visit}. However, I still have problems with this site - I am fully appreciating this comment will not post and I will copy before I click post as it will have kicked me out and I'll have to try three times, but I will purservere because this is important to me, {but I say this to point out that sometimes, I do mean to post, but don't have the energy to re-type it four times if it's not 'important'}

I get the sentimental attachment to the 'history' - but there is not currently the demand for so many sub-forums. I've been a regular visitor since October, and I didn't realise that we were 'meant' to use the chatty bits of the forum?! I'd got the distinct impression that I needed to join a 'team' and my chatter was to be contained in there. My suggestion would be to -re-jig the front page so people are directed to where you want them to be. With less members - you need them congregated in a smaller room. I love my team but I am jealous of the members of scrap that.

Anyhow, I have been in a hole since March when my sickness from work became a forced redundancy instead, and I am determined to dig myself back out - hence why I have logged on today. I would love to help. I need deadlines, not points - to make me scrap. Would you like me to organise a cyber-crop for sometime in August?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    ... and now i'm thoroughly confused.

I thought points were paused for July but I've just seen the "challenge me, challenge you" forum that says there are 30 points for a layout for July!

Also, do you want us to chat in the "community chat" or in the "general scrapping" or in our team "June chat"...

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I would say chat were you want to chat. I chat in the snapchat but rarely in community chat. Also, there are lots of new threads now to join in with so have a chat there. What's on your desk Wednesday or whatever it is called is good and are lots of other threads in General Scrapping I think. It is nice to be chatting about things to do with craft rather than housework, I mean honestly, who does housework anyway??? But for those who like to chat about general stuff there is community chat as well.

A lot has changed already and we haven't even got to July yet! I don't know what FLOPP is but would like to know and also why you got kicked off it, just being nosy.

View Gallery

Oh Katy I am sorry to hear about redundancy

Yes points are still going ahead for July but now everyone will just post their own personal total in a points thread each month. So no team points just individual points.

It doesn’t matter where people chat … teams still have team chat, there is a daily chat thread in the community forum where people pop on most days … new post each day and not many people do not overwhelming

We also chat in the snap challenge thread and it would be lovely to see you in either/both plus I have tried to get scrappy chatter going in general scrapping

Organising a cyber crop is huge but if you’d like to them of course and I’d support you if I can

I hope this site offers you continued support for scrappiness. Like you I need deadlines … I thrive on them

I am sorry to hear about FTLOPPxx

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

So I've Googled FLOPP and still don't know what it means but have found out something really interesting. The drug my hubby takes for EBP can cause floppy iris syndrome if he has cataract surgery, there's something to be aware of as he was recommended to have cataract surgery but they are too small at the moment.

So, still no idea what FLOPP is but so grateful that I've found out about this eye condition before he has any surgery. Isn't the internet a wonderful thing!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Susie, FTLOPP is a Facebook group - For The Love Of Pretty Paper
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022