Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Size matters

So many photos, so little time g61's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    This has been a really helpful thread. Maybe once I've filled up my current stock of D-rings I'll consider switching.
    Margo

I'm a member of Scrap Happens, in the Blue Brads House

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I started with A4 size but later switched to 12 x 12. It is the size that suits me best because of the variety of ways you can create LOs and have several 4x6 photos on a page. My DH does complain about album storage from time to time but the family love to look through albums when they visit!

So many photos, so little time g61's Avatar
    View Gallery

How lovely that your family enjoy looking through your albums, stitchinglady. Nobody bothers about mine, but maybe I should show them off a bit more.
    Margo

I'm a member of Scrap Happens, in the Blue Brads House

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    I could have sworn I had commented on this thread but apparently not.
    As you all know I have always been a 12 x 12 scrapper but last month I did do a couple of A4 pages and I found them very quick and easy to do so I’m considering a switch to this size. A4 folders certainly fit on the shelf easier and I’m sure that would please be recipients that receive the albums I gift. At the moment I shall carry on doing both and see how I get on but I feel in the long-term I think A4 might be the way forward

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    I still find A4 slower as my pages are often complex and getting it all on A4 whilst keeping white space which I love is a challenge even after 18 months plus I often use sketches and I have to think about how to adapt to A4 … I’m old and my brain works slowly …but I still scrap 12x 12 too
    I love having the mix of sizes though and I think more and more are switching to A4 not least because it costs less and takes up less space so win win

View Gallery

I mostly scrap in 12 x 12 and I've got a few 8 x 8. I bought a couple of 12 x 12 spring bound albums to do for Yvonne & Alicia but hated them with a passion. When I was making the pages up they were too thick and the albums wouldn't close so I had to re-do them in post bound 12 x 12. I haven't ever considered trying A4 (don't know why), but maybe I should look into it. I would save space but I think I just prefer square pages.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    I think it takes time to get used to not square … I found that hard although when I started scrapping it was A4 … well US letter size

I also love A4 landscape and have quite a few post bound albums in that format but you can’t get them any more … I have recently bought a ring binder to take A4 landscape