Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)

Can't Download Recent Free Files To Library

Yesterday and today I can't download two free files from The Store. Studio keeps telling me I am working off line so I can't sync my library to the Cloud. When I check on my name top left in Library the box for working off line is not ticked. I tick it, then untick it and then my Library shows I am online and can sync with the Cloud but the two recent free files will not download. I have tried clicking on each file to download again, but it will not. Each time I close Studio and later reopen it always shows off line. It use to happen years ago but I can't remember the solution.

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Have you tried signing out and then signing in again ?

Not a scrapper, a card and boxer.
    View Gallery

That worked for me too, thanks.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Anne View Post
    Have you tried signing out and then signing in again ?
    Thanks Shirley, that worked but in the process I think I might have lost the files from my old Cameo's and Curio. My fault I did not export my library first as I already have saved Library backups. I have gone and imported from my p.c. but I think some are missing. The total number of files do not increase when I import.

I can try connecting my Curio and deleting and reconnecting my Cameo 3 but I can't with my original Cameo as I sold it.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    Thanks Shirley, that worked but in the process I think I might have lost the files from my old Cameo's and Curio. My fault I did not export my library first as I already have saved Library backups. I have gone and imported from my p.c. but I think some are missing. The total number of files do not increase when I import.

I can try connecting my Curio and deleting and reconnecting my Cameo 3 but I can't with my original Cameo as I sold it.

Have you tried using the snapshot feature in your Library settings to see if they are there as it should do frequent backups (I would export you current library first though in case you lose even more !!) I can't be much more help as I never save anything to the Library

Library snapshot.jpg

View Gallery

Thanks Shirley, I have looked and it only goes back to auto saved captures from 2019.

When I have time I will delete Studio and go back and install a previous V3. I had done this a few years ago and retrieved files. I think the old original Cameo files are missing because I can't find the overlay file for the control panel that went around the screen and buttons. Also there is not a folder below the 'All Files' It was on a few of the old saved exported Library files but don't load when I import from any of them. I have tried all four. I am wondering if Studio is stopping me from adding them?

I have found a folder on my p.c. with screen shots of my original Cameo files in a folder called 'Local User' created in February 2019. The folder is no longer in my Library.
    Last edited by Neries; 07-04-2022 at 07:27 PM. Reason: More detail added

View Gallery

That’s a shame, might be a good idea to set it up to do a snapshot on a regular basis in future. As for the local folder that disappeared some time ago with one of the updates I think. Hope you manage to get them back one way or another.

View Gallery

That’s a shame, might be a good idea to set it up to do a snapshot on a regular basis in future. As for the local folder that disappeared some time ago with one of the updates I think. Hope you manage to get them back one way or another.
    I hope so too Shirley.

The local folder disappearing must have happened after May last year. I made Pillow Boxes for my daughter-in-law for the jewellery she makes. I used the file called 'Box Pillow' (which is on my saved images of the 101 files from my original Cameo) and now no longer exists in my Library. I do have the saved file in a folder on my p.c. for the ones I made which is dated 23.05.21.

This means I would have to go back to a previous version of Studio before May last year to see if it comes back, but then I would lose it again if I updated Studio to the latest version if I want to use my scanner in Studio.

View Gallery

I hope so too Shirley.

The local folder disappearing must have happened after May last year. I made Pillow Boxes for my daughter-in-law for the jewellery she makes. I used the file called 'Box Pillow' (which is on my saved images of the 101 files from my original Cameo) and now no longer exists in my Library. I do have the saved file in a folder on my p.c. for the ones I made which is dated 23.05.21.

This means I would have to go back to a previous version of Studio before May last year to see if it comes back, but then I would lose it again if I updated Studio to the latest version if I want to use my scanner in Studio.
    There is a way to have two versions of Studio on your PC because I have. I sometime use the older version I have if one of the closed betas I have been sent for testing plays up. I will try and find out the instructions on how to do it and let you know.

View Gallery

There is a way to have two versions of Studio on your PC because I have. I sometime use the older version I have if one of the closed betas I have been sent for testing plays up. I will try and find out the instructions on how to do it and let you know.
    Shirley that would be really helpful if you can the instructions and how to do it.

View Gallery

Shirley that would be really helpful if you can the instructions and how to do it.
    Have sent you a private message

View Gallery

Thank you so much Shirley. I have replied.

View Gallery

Thank you so much Shirley. I have replied.
    Have emailed you the pdf Margaret

View Gallery

Many thanks Shirley.