Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Please can anyone help me with my Silhouette Cameo 1

Hi everyone, I am a newbie to this group, im hoping I put this thread in the right place
    My lovely friend gave me her Silhouette Cameo 1, I've absolutely never used an electronic cutting machine before
    I've downloaded all the software that came with it, and I can get into the design section but it will not let me connect to cut anything out
    it doesnt seem compatable with windows 10
    ive tried other things but its just not working please please can anyone help

Best Regards
    Suzanne xxx

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Hi Suzanne and welcome.

Yes it will work with windows 10 32 bit and 64 bit, but you may need to update Studio software at https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/software for the latest version.

You can check which version of Studio you are using by opening Studio and clicking on 'help', top left on the screen. Scroll down and click on 'about'.

Also check in the 'send' window that the icon for a Cameo it has a green tick and in green 'ready' next to the cameo icon. If not go to https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/setup which takes you through setting up. Also help there if your machine is not showing as connected.
    Last edited by Neries; 19-02-2022 at 05:48 PM.

View Gallery

Thank you so much I will try that xxx

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

If you are still having problems it may need a firmware update so check out the solution for Windows connection problems for older machines here

CARD MAKER AND CR OWNER
    View Gallery

Good morning. I don't actually know anything about Cameo - I have a positively ancient Craft Robo, which I love - but it occurred to me to mention that maybe you have to have the machine included as a printer, as is the case with my CR. Just a thought and I may be waaay off beam.

View Gallery

Thank you I’ll try this as well xxx

View Gallery

Thank you so much xxx

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by yiayia View Post
    Good morning. I don't actually know anything about Cameo - I have a positively ancient Craft Robo, which I love - but it occurred to me to mention that maybe you have to have the machine included as a printer, as is the case with my CR. Just a thought and I may be waaay off beam.
    I have a Cameo 1 (haven't used it for a long time) unfortunately it doesn't show up as a printer like the Robo does