Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Help with cutting problems

I am having trouble with my cameo stopping before it has cut all of a design. I have updated the software and reduced the packing size to 500 as these seemed to be suggestions I found on the silhouette site. My machine only seems to cope with simple cut jobs. I have the original cameo so wondering if the machine has reached the end of its use and I will need to upgrade to a new machine!! Does anyone have any suggestions on anything else to try?
    xox Music Lady xox

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

You don’t say if you are using a Mac or windows but it may be worth checking this out - https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/pr...tudio-software

View Gallery

Thank you for the link. Tried this out and also attached the machine directly into the PC and not through the USB hub I had previously used. It seems to be cutting ok now.
    xox Music Lady xox

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by music lady View Post
    Thank you for the link. Tried this out and also attached the machine directly into the PC and not through the USB hub I had previously used. It seems to be cutting ok now.
    That's good to hear

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Shirley I am having trouble with the latest Studio software I downloaded a few weeks ago. The 'print bleed' does not working. Snip picture attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

Neries they are aware that this is an issue but you can get round it by moving the bleed radius up to the maximum.

Print Bleed.jpg

View Gallery

Thanks Shirley. Will it show the bleed on the on the print preview? It always use to show as soon as I put a tick in the box on my screen before going to cut.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    Thanks Shirley. Will it show the bleed on the on the print preview? It always use to show as soon as I put a tick in the box on my screen before going to cut.
    Yes it does for me but I may be on a different version of the software - 4.4.907

View Gallery

Shirley that would explain why it did not work for me as I am on 4.4.895. I did not know there had been an update since I last downloaded that one on the 26th October. I have cut out what I wanted but had to touch up with a black marker.

View Gallery

Shirley I downloaded and installed the Beta Studio V.4.4.907 and it still does not show the print bleed.

View Gallery

Sorry Neries been busy trying to reschedule a holiday. The print bleed only seems to show in print preview and the bleed isn't very much. Will try and get an update for you.

View Gallery

Thanks Shirley.

I will try again. I don't mind if not very much print bleed as I always reduced the amount from 50 to 20. Just enough to cover the slight amount of white. No amount of calibration I do seems to make it perfect. The markers not easy to move just slightly with my mouse. Could be I need a better mouse than the one which came with my p.c.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    Thanks Shirley.

I will try again. I don't mind if not very much print bleed as I always reduced the amount from 50 to 20. Just enough to cover the slight amount of white. No amount of calibration I do seems to make it perfect. The markers not easy to move just slightly with my mouse. Could be I need a better mouse than the one which came with my p.c.
    Just had a reply about the print bleed Neries and they hope to have a fix in the next build

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Anne View Post
    Just had a reply about the print bleed Neries and they hope to have a fix in the next build
    Thanks Shirley, I hope it is soon.

I tried it again and the print preview showed a small amount of print bleed, but I did not see it after printing.

I am struggling to edit the points to get really close to the edge of the printing by zooming in but the points do not get any larger only the image. First image zoomed in, second normal size. I have a 22in computer screen and wear varifocal glasses.

View Gallery

I have a large screen and varifocals too Neries To be honest I do very little print and cut but would doing a tiny internal offset work ? I am away on holiday now so can’t give it a try. I know this problem has been on the Software teams’ to do list for a while but I hope my query gives them a nudge.