Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)

Good News for UKS in 2022

As you can see from the banner, we have already had a couple of replies from sponsors who will be happy to sponsor UKS in 2022.

I have not had replies from all (early days) but so far only one NO and two YES replies. Fingers crossed that trend will continue. If you are at all inclined to make a donation, now is the time to do so. Every little helps

I will decide for sure over the next few weeks and will update the THANK YOU banner to keep you posted on how things are looking.

As ever, many thanks to the sponsors who already confirm they will sponsor (PLEASE show them some love) and a big thank you to UKS member Margo (her real first name) who donates to keep UKS going repeatedly thru the year. Her donations probably equal a Banner ad sponsor's fees. I don't want to call her out fully, but if she sees this and wants to step forward, everyone should give her a round of applause

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Thats fab new MA. Thank you to you, to our sponsors and to lovely members like Margo

scrapping in the sun (or snow) Maria in France's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    wow, I didnt know that - Thanks Margo, thats so decent of you.

Well done and thank you to the other sponsors too.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Thanks for the update, good news indeed.
    Margo, you’re a star !
    to all x
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

View Gallery

I'm never sure if people want to be mentioned by name so I err on the side of caution and let them toot their own horn. But thanks to all who have recently donated. I'm hoping to hear from the rest of the sponsors this week (fingers crossed) and just so you know, if UKS does NOT survive into 2022 I believe I have 30 days to return any donations. So if you have donated, know, one way or another, your donation is safe. It'll either help push UKS into 2022 or it will come back to you.

I will hope to be able to decide by 1 December, also to give people a chance to grab anything they want from the site before the lights go out. Hoping it won't come to that, but best to be prepared.

Scrapping is my hobby Housework isn't Mary Buttons's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Thank you for all your hard work everyone I do appreciate it although I have struggled a lot these last few months I’m sure I will be back
    Scrappycats Team Green Button house
    My Blog Mary's Musings

View Gallery

As you can see we are very close to hearing from every sponsor. One said they had already replied but I didn't receive it (some internet issues over the last couple of weeks and a new (additional) broadband provider) so I am hopeful a tickler to the last few will give me a YES or NO in the next few days. Then I should be able to let you all know for sure where we are.

It is feeling positive at this point and again, to the recent donation folk, know that you may just almost tip the scales. You are all stars! I (and your fellow UKSers) appreciate your support.

And can I just once again (and really it cannot be said enough) thank Scrapdolly and MiniOwner for their tireless dedication to UKS the last year (and every year to be honest.) I can say without hesitation or one shadow of overstatement, without them, UKS would have closed it's doors long ago.

Show THEM some big love too. While the sponsors pay the bills, the two of them keep UKS an inspiring and challenging {wink} place to come.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I have been MIA for quite a while now whilst my new craft room is being done. As you know it has taken over our house and our neighbour's house too. I hope that by the time I am up and running again UKS will still be going strong.

Meanwhile, a huge Thank You to you MaryAnne as always and Karen and Sue for all the hard work. Another thank You to the sponsors and a special thank You to you Margo.

Time for a donation I think, you've put us all to shame.

So many photos, so little time g61's Avatar
    View Gallery

Well, I have to say I was a bit surprised and not a little taken aback when I saw my name splashed across the top! I'm more of a background person by nature. In fact I nearly PM'd MaryAnne to ask her to remove it, but that would have been rude. I told myself nobody would notice anyway

Yes, I've been making a small donation every month, an amount I can afford. Why? Simply because I get a lot out of this site, and there would be a big hole in my life if it closed down. Sad but true! Every year MaryAnne has to chivvy up companies to see if they will sponsor UKS, with warnings to us that if not enough sponsorship is forthcoming then we need to prepare for the site closing. If it came to that point I would have been kicking myself for not making the effort sooner. I wanted to do something to help keep it going, so I did. I had no idea whether my monthly donation made any appreciable difference or not - well, now I know. Every little helps, as they say.

No donations, however, replace the time and effort put in behind the scenes by MaryAnne, Karen and Sue and the many others who do the 'heavy lifting' to keep the site running smoothly all year round. Three cheers for them all, I say.
    Margo

I'm a member of Scrap Happens, in the Blue Brads House

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by g61 View Post
    Well, I have to say I was a bit surprised and not a little taken aback when I saw my name splashed across the top! I'm more of a background person by nature. In fact I nearly PM'd MaryAnne to ask her to remove it, but that would have been rude. I told myself nobody would notice anyway

Yes, I've been making a small donation every month, an amount I can afford. Why? Simply because I get a lot out of this site, and there would be a big hole in my life if it closed down. Sad but true! Every year MaryAnne has to chivvy up companies to see if they will sponsor UKS, with warnings to us that if not enough sponsorship is forthcoming then we need to prepare for the site closing. If it came to that point I would have been kicking myself for not making the effort sooner. I wanted to do something to help keep it going, so I did. I had no idea whether my monthly donation made any appreciable difference or not - well, now I know. Every little helps, as they say.

No donations, however, replace the time and effort put in behind the scenes by MaryAnne, Karen and Sue and the many others who do the 'heavy lifting' to keep the site running smoothly all year round. Three cheers for them all, I say.
    Margo, I got so used to seeing your name pop up with a donation, I very nearly didn't make special mention of you, but the regular influx really does make a difference.

We lost 1 sponsor for sure and still awaiting replies from a couple of them. But your donations, and recent ones from quite a few other members, is a real boost, both to me. They let me know people still love UKS and the forum format, even if they also go to FB and Insta and all the other places for inspiration and that the friendships they have made here are lasting ones.

It has been a rough few years for everyone, and having this place, this steady, friendly place, where you know you will find people you have known for a decade or more in some cases, is just a nice safe place to rest, if even for a few minutes every day.

That makes me happy. And knowing that members still care deeply about this place (enough to put their money where their mouths are!) makes me even happier. And with a combination of sponsorship from those stalwart businesses that have kept UKS open over the past few years and those donations from members, no matter how small, UKS will be around in 2022.

I still hope to hear from those last few sponsors but if I don't I'll make up any shortfall to ensure that the doors remain open.

And you have all cheered me up to no end.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    What a beautiful speech, well said, Margo
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Well said and well done Margo.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Yes, you deserve to be mentioned Margo. Well done.
    Ellie

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (60)
    Margo. It is a pleasure to have you on UKS and a privilege that you are also a teamie.

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Perfectly put Margo.
    It is for the very same reasons I always donate each year. I never thought to do it monthly. Thanks for being an inspiring member of UKS.
    I would also like to echo the thanks from all to MA, Karen and Sue.