Quote Originally Posted by g61 View Post
Well, I have to say I was a bit surprised and not a little taken aback when I saw my name splashed across the top! I'm more of a background person by nature. In fact I nearly PM'd MaryAnne to ask her to remove it, but that would have been rude. I told myself nobody would notice anyway

Yes, I've been making a small donation every month, an amount I can afford. Why? Simply because I get a lot out of this site, and there would be a big hole in my life if it closed down. Sad but true! Every year MaryAnne has to chivvy up companies to see if they will sponsor UKS, with warnings to us that if not enough sponsorship is forthcoming then we need to prepare for the site closing. If it came to that point I would have been kicking myself for not making the effort sooner. I wanted to do something to help keep it going, so I did. I had no idea whether my monthly donation made any appreciable difference or not - well, now I know. Every little helps, as they say.

No donations, however, replace the time and effort put in behind the scenes by MaryAnne, Karen and Sue and the many others who do the 'heavy lifting' to keep the site running smoothly all year round. Three cheers for them all, I say.
Margo, I got so used to seeing your name pop up with a donation, I very nearly didn't make special mention of you, but the regular influx really does make a difference.

We lost 1 sponsor for sure and still awaiting replies from a couple of them. But your donations, and recent ones from quite a few other members, is a real boost, both to me. They let me know people still love UKS and the forum format, even if they also go to FB and Insta and all the other places for inspiration and that the friendships they have made here are lasting ones.

It has been a rough few years for everyone, and having this place, this steady, friendly place, where you know you will find people you have known for a decade or more in some cases, is just a nice safe place to rest, if even for a few minutes every day.

That makes me happy. And knowing that members still care deeply about this place (enough to put their money where their mouths are!) makes me even happier. And with a combination of sponsorship from those stalwart businesses that have kept UKS open over the past few years and those donations from members, no matter how small, UKS will be around in 2022.

I still hope to hear from those last few sponsors but if I don't I'll make up any shortfall to ensure that the doors remain open.

And you have all cheered me up to no end.