Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Craft Robo Old Style!!

Hi Everyone,
    I used to be a member of this website many years back, but cannot seem to gain access to my account.
    I have just come across my old school Craft Robo cc100-20. and it is stil lworking to my suprise.

I am going to put it to use for Christmas and maybe respark my crafting flame.

I was hoping to create an advent calander for my partner, made up of 3d houses with gifts in each house for the period running upto christmas.

I am struggling to remember how to use Robomaster,

Is there a new software that is better to use?

Sorry if I sound like I have just crawled out of a cave, but I remeber the site being so helpful and a great community I thought I would put the questions out to you and pray for a little guidance,

Thanks in Advance Rob

Norfolk - just at the end of the yellow brick road
    View Gallery

Hi Rob and welcome back, it's a bit quiet on here these days but a new member (or a returnee such as yourself) is more than welcome to help swell the numbers! The world has moved on a bit in the kingdom of cutters and the Cameo was born from the old CR some years ago and has been updated so is now up to Cameo4 and the software has changed just a tad since Robomaster, which started my cutting journey all those years ago. if you get yourself over to the Silhouette site you will be able to download the latest version of Silhouette Studio which is version 4.4.895. and you can choose 32 or 64 bit for Windows or 64 bit for Mac from the dropdown menu. It is a very good software to use but will take just a bit of getting used to. There are loads of tutorials out there, and good stuff on YouTube, keep your searches fairly simple in the question you ask and you should find stuff reasonably easily. Links can't really be put on here because Graphtec sponsors this bit of the site and it would be disrespectful to link to sites that aren't affiliated. However I can put the link to the Silhouette Studio download page https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/software/ss/download which will get you under way. Hope it goes well and we will try to be of assistance if you are struggling and give a shout on here.

All the best
    Andi

Oh, by the way, the basic software doesn't have some of the whistles and pops that the upgrades have but it is good for a beginning. It should work fine with your CR I think.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Hi Rob and welcome back.

I would add to the advice given by AndiDee above that the Silhouette Portrait is basically a new Craft Robo. It uses the same A4 cutting mats whereas the Cameo uses 12x12 cutting mats. Robo Master software became redundant and us owners of the Craft Robo were able to use Studio software. I could only cut with the Robo Moster software where now I can do a lot more with Studio. No drivers needed to use the Studio software (unlike the Robo) and your computer sees it as a printer. So just follow the settings for a Silhouette Portrait.

Download and install Studio before connecting your Craft Robo to your computer.

The blades have changed and are now ratchet manual or auto (depending on which Silhouette model) with numbers 1 to 10. If using the old blades with the coloured caps do not go above 3 or 4 which is equal to the old pink cap.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Welcome back Rob I think AndiDee and Margret (aka Neries) have covered everything in their post's to get you started again.

View Gallery

typo

I have both the Craft Robo and Cameo.
    Craft Robo will still work and if you update and buy the Cameo, you can import your Craft Robo old .gsd files into the Cameo. The Cameo seems a lot faster to me and it will accept a carrier sheet 12x12.
    I hope you let us know how you get on with it all.
    Last edited by pkcase; 06-11-2021 at 05:19 PM. Reason: typo
    Petrina

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hi Rob, nice to hear from someone else who hasn't used their machine for a while.

I have just about finished my new craft room and one of the things I wanted to do more than anything is find a space for my Silhouette. It has been on the floor under my desk for years and every time I tried to use it I had to bend over and use it on the floor. Now it has its own special place on a desk and I can use it easily. I still have the old style blades with the blue, pink and yellow caps but I have from time to time updated the software. Your message prompted me to check which software I was using because each time it comes up with the option to update my software nothing seems to happen. I've just tried again and got this message. Would I be better going onto the SilhouetteAmercia site and downloading from there?

Screenshot 2021-11-15 at 15.23.58.png

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Yes Susie, it’s always recommended to download from SA , just make sure you select the version you need i.e Mac or Windows - https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/software/ss/download

Ruzzz
    Its been a while since I used my craft robo
    but thanks to this thread I'm cutting again
    this is why I love forums

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Ruzzz View Post
    Its been a while since I used my craft robo
    but thanks to this thread I'm cutting again
    this is why I love forums
    That's good to hear