Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Printer

Norfolk - just at the end of the yellow brick road
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Hi Shirley. Your printer looks good. I do like their printer designs, and the fact your one has a rear feed is a real bonus. If you only print A4 then it sounds perfect. I chose an A3 as I can use it with 12x12 if needed and it didn't take up too much space. Have a look on the Canon creative site, it has some good ideas on it. As for installing it, most of them are pretty much plug and play these days. Hope you get on well with it and it turns out to be money well spent. The Silhouette software updates, whilst I agree with you they seem geared to the Cam4, will have things in them to deal with bugs and also for security. It is always best if you can have the most up to date software if it is stable and, if it causes you issues, you can always go back to the one you are currently using because it is still available in the legacy versions https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/software/ss/download

Andi

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Shirley I am using my Cameo 3 with the 4.4.895 studio software without any problems. Yes I have a Cameo 4, but the last time I used it was not long after I had it. Only downloaded and installed the latest version yesterday after Shirley Anne said it had fixed the scanner 'not found' problem.

View Gallery

The printer is up and running at last but as I feared, I struggled and had to call on a friend to help. At the moment I hate it but I dare say I'll get used to it in time. I really feel that I am now too old for all the changing technology, I've been involved for over 40 years but Android and wireless are another ball game and I panic when I don't know what I'm doing. The instruction screen is only about 1 square inch so I have to get out my magnifying glass to read it and I can't get the thing to switch off so my electricity bill will go up but I'm hoping that when I switch the computer off it too will close. Why does the world think it's a good thing to live to be very old, in my experience it's all downhill from 80!
    Another Shirley.

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by BowBow View Post
    The printer is up and running at last but as I feared, I struggled and had to call on a friend to help. At the moment I hate it but I dare say I'll get used to it in time. I really feel that I am now too old for all the changing technology, I've been involved for over 40 years but Android and wireless are another ball game and I panic when I don't know what I'm doing. The instruction screen is only about 1 square inch so I have to get out my magnifying glass to read it and I can't get the thing to switch off so my electricity bill will go up but I'm hoping that when I switch the computer off it too will close. Why does the world think it's a good thing to live to be very old, in my experience it's all downhill from 80!
    Another Shirley.

If you haven't worked out how to switch it off yet Shirley the attached photo may help. I think it should be the smaller button underneath the display screen.
    Canon.jpg

Norfolk - just at the end of the yellow brick road
    View Gallery

Oh Shirley, I did have to smile when I read your post, you sound just like me!! I keep telling my son all the aches and pains he can look forward to when he gets older, wicked mother that I am. I say to DH that no older family members warned me when I was younger just what it would be like, and I how I wish they had! I do try to keep up with technology but it is fast leaving me behind too, although I do have a little way to go to 80 and I didn't expect to get to 70.

Stay with it and it will become second nature after a while. I hope you end up pleased with it, I do like the clarity of the print, especially for graphics,

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    You can download the manual here Shirley just scroll down a bit
    https://www.adbusbdriver.com/canon-t...%20items...%20