Break Me Off a Piece of That UKScrappers.

Sept21 _ Friday 5 _ 24th

by new2this

Sep Colour Challenge - Sea Thrift

by g61

Sept quote challenge

by elainevking

Little Blue huts

by scrapdolly

Getaway

by scrapdolly

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Inspiration and Challenges > Snap! Challenge

Notices

Charmed Cards & Crafts banner

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    My cucumbers have been amazing, really tasty but this last one which we will eat and it will be fine has a big curve in it. Also, just brought in my money trees and this one has had a lovely begonia growing in it for a few years now and it has just flowered. That's nature for you.

P1130267.jpg P1130262.jpg

2. The Following Users Like This Post

alison 2 (26-09-2021)

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Next is one of my bell peppers, there are quite a few but still waiting for them to turn red. We have had some red ones about a month ago so why these are so slow I don't know. Took this photo a few days ago but the strawberries are still going strong, we have some every evening although I've fleeced them now.

P1130265.jpg P1130230.jpg

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

One for modern architecture although you have seen this before, it's opposite our vets and when the sun shines they are all blinded by the light. It's a health centre by the way.

P1130255.jpg

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Thanked 2,299 Times in 1,469 Posts
    Great produce there Susie. We had a couple of strawberries from our yesterday but have had a very poor crop altogether.
    How about labelling them top to bottom Susie. I couldnít cope with having to drag boxes from the bottom of a pile all the time.. and heavy too. Vertical all the way for me. Mine arenít too heavy Karen as they arent that wide do they only take about 5 collections in each. I wish I had a Nigel to label my things up. Susie you must label things otherwise you will just get in another muddle again and all your hard work will be for nothing!
    When I have a new favourite collection I leave it in my Ďrecentí box and use that first.. which I keep handy with all the tools I use a lot. When Iím bored of that collection I swap it for another.

6041A3E5-BDAB-414D-AADA-C43CE3DF4A8F.jpeg

Well Iíve been to my friends celebration of life and, as you would expect it was very moving but it was a lovely do and although we will miss her we will always have our memories.

6. The Following Users Like This Post:

RED HEAD (26-09-2021),Susie.A (26-09-2021)

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Glad it went well Elaine.

I know, I know, I must label and I will but I also need a Nigel. I had just bought a Totally Tiffany desk organiser before I started destroying the place and that is handy for keeping everything in that needs to be to hand. I have lots of storage items, just need to fill them and get them organised but first, we are putting the desk back together. Then it can go on the landing out of the way with my computer on it and the printers as well until we're ready to move it back into the new room. Lots to do first.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thanked 1,811 Times in 1,153 Posts
    Busy, busy Susie. It will get done in the end.

Glad all went well Elaine.
    Karen ,Nigel would go spare in my craft room.
    It’s only small, and I have no storage boxes and no labels
    All my albums are on shelves above the desk, so no room there.
    My desk is full of stuff, and so are the drawers. Then the rest of the space is taken
    up with the chair and die cutting equipment.
    Hey ho, it is what it is !!
    Love your boxes though.

Been out for a lovely Sunday lunch with DD. Full up to the brim now
    Ellie

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Ellie, your room sounds like mine except the floor was getting full too and it was harder and harder to find anything. Nigel would have had a fit if he'd seen my room, it was driving me nuts. Karen, you should hire out Nigel to organise us all. Glad you enjoyed your meal Ellie, did they get fuel for the boat in the end?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Karen, I'm going to be super nosey here, what is the trolley to the right of your photo please? It reminds me of my 12x12 trolley and I also have an A4 size one too. I need more photo's of storage in craft rooms please ladies and also, how you have your workspace set out. I have to get as many good ideas as possible because I only want to do this once!

I have my Mac which is the 27.5 inch screen and then two printers one of which is the A3 and apart from my die cutting machines I'd like to have my Silhouette out because it never gets used because it is stashed away on the floor and the bending is crippling just to get it out. I also have to use it on the floor as I have no desk space and then I am bending and not only hurting my back but neck also. Help ladies!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 763 Posts
    Susie the trolley is a hobbycraft one with 8 drawers. It doesn’t take 12 x 12 but each drawer has boxes inside … all labelled of course … it’s really useful.
    I also have special drawers under my desk which house all my go to things without moving …one is pens, ink etc, one is cutting tools, one is punches, one is adhesives, one is ink pads, one is regularly used stamps, etc etc

If you look on my blog here there is an album of my studio ..not all of it is still current as I have improved things but it gives ideas

https://dollysdreamings.typepad.com/...ace/index.html

I wouldn’t personally store the boxes horizontally as you would find it very heavy and you can read the labels without titling your head but I agree, what works for one doesn’t necessarily work for others. I am constantly tinkering with mine

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

That's amazing Karen! Do I spy a radiator under your desk, how does that work for you? Our radiator was on a side wall and a nuisance because all my units were in front and pushed away from the wall, so we decided to move it under the window but then I wondered how that would work. Does the desk just push the heat forward, does it get dirty off the central heating underneath and does it affect any of the things you store under there. Apparently not or you wouldn't store them. It never harmed or warped my card stock having the heat near it but I wouldn't put my photo paper near heat anyway. So much to think about to get the best from this room because it is only a largish box room and I have a lot of stuff but nowhere near as much as you or Elaine I reckon. Mind you, my secret vice is die cutting machines, I now have 6 including my Silhouette.

We did what I hope was the last bit of spraying and then went into the garden to have a good throw out. I managed to fall through the deck and injured myself in a few places, nothing serious but the deck is being replaced this autumn as is the shed, which is now actually. We've walked the very reluctant dog, it is such a lovely evening, breezy but very mild, just loving this good weather. It was supposed to rain today but was sunny instead so at least the garden got sorted.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thanked 1,811 Times in 1,153 Posts
    Yes they did get some Susie. They were the last to get anything, because
    after them they closed the station. Not because they had run out of fuel, but
    because the line of cars were clogging up the main road !!!!!
    Silly people.....

Ellie

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 763 Posts
    Susie it’s fine under the desk and doesn’t affect anything except keeping me warm and toasty

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

That's good to know Karen, under the desk it goes.

Ellie, I'm glad to hear they got their fuel and can enjoy their fishing.

I should have taken a photo of my computer desk mat that arrived today and was all curved. Flattened out now but can't wait to see it on my desk. Then I'll buy one of those mats you all suggested for the floor beneath my chair. Spend, spend, spend, just call me Viv Nicholson.

+ Post New Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920