Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)

Windows 10 Update Now Can't Connect To Cameo 3

Late last night I when I closed my computer I clicked on update and close. Now today I can't send anything to cut to my Cameo 3 as it is not connected. I read this morning online that the Windows 10 update was a security fix for the 'printer spool'. I have tried doing a link to the article but it does no work.

I am slowly going through all the Silhouette trouble shooting. I am now on step 6 and it's driving me crazy.
    Last edited by Neries; 08-07-2021 at 02:11 PM.

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I have seen this posted on another group Neries, dont know if it will help :-

"Windows updates are causing BIG issues with machine connections....
    And it is hitting user's out of the blue... one minute it will connect and the next it does not and nothing brings it back.
    If you are experiencing connection issues with your Silhouette machines, check for these Windows updates under Settings > Windows updates - (KB5003690) as well as \KB5004945 and 21H1are causing major issues. If you have those updates.... many are rolling them back and getting it to connect again.
    Please understand I'm not telling you to roll it back, just what has worked for many users and why this is happening. At the moment, if you have connection issues there is no fix with the current Windows updates. But they are working to find one....
    Please share this with those users who are experiencing connection issues.... this is not something that Silhouette has control over and is trying to figure out how they can work around this new massive update from Microsoft.... but software companies do not release this information to companies prior to it's release so it is a "wait and see" how it is affecting users... these updates by Windows are causing major issues."

View Gallery

Shirley thank you.

As I was using my Cameo late last night with no issue with connecting this has to be the problem. I am nearing the end of making as A4 landscape concertina card for my only granddaughter's 25th birthday so desperate to finish it. So I think I will have to roll the updates back.

I have emailed silhouette support, but know it takes them ages to reply.

Now uninstalling the update which is taking ages. So eating a mint choc Magnum while I am waiting.
    Last edited by Neries; 08-07-2021 at 03:05 PM. Reason: unistalling update

View Gallery

Phew!!! a big relief that worked. When I had to restart my computer it came up 'with wait, do no turn off' as reconfiguring windows update'. I thought oh no it's reinstalling it, but it's ok. There were two updates yesterday and one which is not a problem is still there.

I am going to wait for a solution before I reinstall the second update.

Thanks again Shirley

View Gallery

I have looked and I have KB5004945 pending install on my PC so will be interested to see if rolling back fixes it for you Neries. Hope you can get your card finished.

View Gallery

Silhouette have just issued this

Windows 10 Connectivity Issue
    Cannot Connect to Machine since Windows Update

We have been made aware of recent Windows 10 Operating System updates (versions 20H2 and 21H1) that have unfortunately removed the ability to successfully connect to a Silhouette machine.

The only current option to resolve this issue would be to roll back your Operating System to a previous version as follows:

Press the Windows key on your keyboard (between the Ctrl and Alt keys)
    Choose Update and Security
    Click the Update History link
    Click the Uninstall Updates link
    Select the 20H2 and/or 21HI update
    Click the Uninstall button that appears on the toolbar

Our software team is working to try and resolve this concern as quickly as possible. We do not have a specific ETA for when this fix will become available. Please continue to look out for new software updates or set your Silhouette Studio software to automatically check for updates by doing the following:

Open Silhouette Studio
    Go to the Edit menu
    Select Preferences
    Go to the Updates section
    Select any option under "Check for Updates" other than "Never"
    Click "Apply"

As you see new updated versions available, we encourage you to update your software.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work on a permanent solution.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Anne View Post
    I have looked and I have KB5004945 pending install on my PC so will be interested to see if rolling back fixes it for you Neries. Hope you can get your card finished.
    Shirley it has fixed mine and I have almost finished all the cutting for my card.

Only problem I have now is how to line up exactly two frames. I used a thin card to print and then foil but yet to out cut out the middle as it does not line up with the thick 350gsm card. I used a pencil and carefully measured over and over again to see where the cut edge was before cutting the thicker card. Also left the mat in the machine after using the pencil and but it's still cut slightly out. Going to get hubby to cut the thin card middle out with a scalpel and ruler. Then when I stick the printed card onto the thick card line up the inner, then trim the outer edges where necessary.

View Gallery

Neries please be aware that your PC is at risk without the update so you might want to consider reinstalling it. I will do a new post with the warning as SA have updated their advice.
    Last edited by Shirley Anne; 09-07-2021 at 09:33 AM.

View Gallery

Shirley I finished all the cutting for the card and as it was showing a new Windows update I did the update and restarted my computer this evening. Strangely on checked my windows 10 update list the file I deleted is showing and it says the last update was on the 9th, not today. Have you had another update yesterday or today?

Strange too is my Cameo is showing connected in the 'send window'.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    Shirley I finished all the cutting for the card and as it was showing a new Windows update I did the update and restarted my computer this evening. Strangely on checked my windows 10 update list the file I deleted is showing and it says the last update was on the 9th, not today. Have you had another update yesterday or today?

Strange too is my Cameo is showing connected in the 'send window'.
    You must have got the fix update that Microsoft have just released Neries - just glad that it's sorted

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    I've added the link to SA website saying the problem has been resolved in a seperete post

View Gallery

Shirley so am I glad it is sorted. I did not realise how much I relied on my Cameo until it would not connect. Luckily I finished her card this afternoon as only just found out tea time she and her partner are going to London first thing tomorrow morning for a 4 day mini holiday. Monday is her birthday.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    Shirley so am I glad it is sorted. I did not realise how much I relied on my Cameo until it would not connect. Luckily I finished her card this afternoon as only just found out tea time she and her partner are going to London first thing tomorrow morning for a 4 day mini holiday. Monday is her birthday.
    Gosh that was a close call, so pleased you got it finished, I’m sure she will be delighted with it.