July21 _ week 4

by new2this

A double layout I did.

by Purplefairy55

DD Dare July

by thriftycrafter

July21 _ Friday 5 _ 23rd

by new2this

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Inspiration and Challenges > Snap! Challenge

Notices

Graphtec UK banner

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
    Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Thanked 2,194 Times in 1,395 Posts
    This is for you Susie as I know you don’t go in the daily chat often.DS1’s puppy
    D0AB1ABA-B72E-4929-9B9D-497FA91FBC3D.jpeg

2. The Following Users Like This Post:

alison 2 (Yesterday),RED HEAD (Yesterday),Susie.A (Yesterday)

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Great puppy portrait Elaine. DS and family will be thrilled with it. Hope doggy's op goes well and all ok. Yes Karen, we all need to see your plaques please.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Oh Elaine, thanks for posting on here and you've captured that sad face (still) so well, it's a beautiful painting.

As for forgetting the photo's, it's a shame but that's because you were so in the moment which is good.

Margo, I've left the camera battery at home before now, it was hubby's 60th birthday. People took photo's on their phones but they weren't that good then, not many pixels in those days.

I'll have to read back some more, oh but those photo's of DD riding Alison, yes you can see the happiness it shines out of her, how lovely. I never knew what ragwort looked like either. I knew there were quite a few plants that horses can't eat, bit like our dogs and cats really but never thought of it getting mixed in with hay Maria.

I am having a bit of a clear out today, so advice needed. I have found boxes of 100 shaped card blanks and envelopes (Craftwork cards) I may have used one card, not sure but they look complete. What do I do with them? If I sell them it will probably cost quite a bit to post. They are brand new and I bought them in - wait for it - 2012! The bill is still in there and they were from QVC when they sold craft so shows how long ago it was.

I've made one pile to give to my neighbour's granddaughter or my great-niece, although I think she just prefers to draw. So what do I do with this stuff. I have loads of magazines, some going back a while but mostly recent from starting a subscription and forgetting to cancel it and I still haven't stopped it. Mostly Simply Cards and Papercraft. Do people want these do you think?

I also have Kanban stuff, why do I buy it, I never use it. A load of Christmas tags and sentiments, unused which if anyone wants they can have. Then there will be the free gifts from the magazines which I don't want either. This is what I've found in about 15 minutes of sorting so you can imagine how much more there is to go. I think I have my favourites and I tend to use the same things, lots of dies, some stamps, I love printing my own papers so love digi stuff and obviously since it has been a while since I've done any real crafting there is some great stuff I've bought which I am still waiting to use. So the question is how do I find a new home for anything I want to part with? Any suggestions will be welcome.

How is it all going with you Sheila?

We've had the thunderstorms today, not much rain though, more dull and breezy but cooler which is nice. Off to read back again so apologies if I missed anyone.

5. The Following Users Like This Post

elainevking (Yesterday)

View Gallery

Susie, I've been painting the rest of the ceiling this morning, now my sky has packed up so no TV for me for now. The HDMI lead has gone kapput for some reason. They are sending me a new lead which I should get by Friday but my tv is too far away from the sky box atm. On Tuesday Sky are coming out to move the box etc., to where the TV now lives. I've got to get the walls painted asap, but need a rest tomorrow as my hand has blown up again from today's painting. I don't think I'll be rushing to do any more decorating for a while. I think I might try and save up to get someone in to do it for me in future. Tomorrow I'm going to see Alicia so I can sit in a comfy chair and have a break from wanting to get the painting done. I've got to finish the room before the 11th August, which is when the new carpet is being laid.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Sounds like you've been pushing yourself Sheila and it's frustrating when you are sitting there wanting to get things done and just can't. We need a brutal clearance out in this house.

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Thanked 2,194 Times in 1,395 Posts
    Yes take it easy Sheila. Start saving your pennies for your next project.
    Susie… I would say Facebook as there are some brilliant selling groups on FB. Your only option is EBay really but it’s a fag! Do you think anyone near you would help with putting stuff on FB? Other than that it’s giving them to charity. Do you have any centres near you like Day care facilities you could donate to? In my experience they are usually very grateful for craft materials. Or you could try Freecycle but if you would rather sell it then definitely EBay is your best bet apart from Facebook. I could give you some groups to sell in or you can put stuff on FB Marketplace if you can get help.

9. The Following Users Like This Post

Susie.A (Yesterday)

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    I would say sell on eBay or Facebook ... I have sold lots on Facebook.

I didn’t realise QVC didn’t do craft anymore. I still have card stuff I bought from them

I even used some today for the 27 cards made this morning

Shelia take it easy now ... decorating takes it out of you especially in this heat

11. The Following Users Like This Post

Susie.A (Yesterday)

View Gallery

We had another really bad storm earlier just before it got dark and the rain hammered down like it did yesterday, all calmed down again now though, thankfully. I'm also a bit fed up because of not having my furniture in the room, no table, comfy seats etc., and because of that I've got nowhere to craft, my craft room is too cluttered again with things I didn't want to put in the garage. When this room is finished I'm determined to get every room tidy and organised and cleaned. (Not necessarily in that order, LOL).

13. The Following Users Like This Post

Susie.A (Yesterday)

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Karen, QVC haven't done craft for years now which is why I was horrified to see full boxes of card blanks and envelopes sitting there since 2012, they seemed a good idea at the time. Mind you, now I make my own card blanks if I want something different.

I will have to have a think about all the suggestions, for which I am very grateful.

At present I have to go and clear my bed so I can actually get into it. It's covered in craft stuff.

Elaine, I'll take it one step at a time I think. I'm going to give away to my neighbours GD the things I think she'll like. I have lots of paper for my great niece, charity stuff next and then just maybe sell some too.

+ Post New Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627