Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

New Beta Version V4.4.554 worth considering

There is a new Beta version of the software V4.4.554 which has a good improvement regarding licence keys https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/so...cXbzFIqkhcX_Zs

Release notes -

New Features

New simplified license key system for software upgrades!

Apply license keys to unlock upgrade editions by going to Help > Apply Upgrade Edition
    Once a license key code has been applied to your Silhouette account on one device, you no longer need to provide your license key code on other new devices.
    You can easily activate your upgrade edition on up to 3 simultaneous devices by simply logging into your account using your account credentials at Help > Apply Upgrade Edition.

Bug Fixes

The following material settings have been improved for the Cameo 4 range:

Cardstock, Plain
    Cardstock, Printable Adhesive-Backed
    Copy Paper, Medium (20Ib)
    Cork Sheets
    Double-Sided Adhesive
    Foil, Printable
    Heat Transfer, Printable (Dark Fabric)
    Heat Transfer, Printable (Light Fabric)
    Holographic Sticker Sheet
    Holographic Sticker Sheet, Dot Pattern
    Image Transfer Paper
    Magnet Paper, Adhesive-Backed
    Magnet Paper, Printable
    Stencil Material
    Sticker Paper, Glitter
    Sticker Paper, Glow-in-the-Dark
    Sticker Paper, White
    Temporary Tattoo Paper, Metallic
    Vellum
    Vinyl, Glossy
    Vinyl, Matte
    Vinyl, Printable
    Vinyl, Silhouette Oracal 651
    Vinyl, Wood

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Thanks Shirley. I'm assuming the New simplified license key system for software upgrades! is for those who haven't bought any upgrades yet

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thank you Shirley
    Sylvia x
    My Blog

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    Thanks Shirley. I'm assuming the New simplified license key system for software upgrades! is for those who haven't bought any upgrades yet
    No Doreen my understanding is as long as you are using the current version of the software if you have ever applied a license key then the system already has your user ID associated with that key so f you've ever used your license on a prior computer and purchase a new one, you'll just sign into a little dialogue for your email and password, and then it will recognize what you have access to and you won't have to enter the code. In the near future if you buy an upgrade from Silhouette you will be able to apply the license keys directly to your account automatically, but if you buy your key from a third-party seller you'll have to add the code as you do now. Also you won't need to deactivate in the same way, it will just kick off the oldest computer if you exceed 3 at a time. I don't know if it works as I haven't the need to try

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thanks Shirley!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Anne View Post
    No Doreen my understanding is as long as you are using the current version of the software if you have ever applied a license key then the system already has your user ID associated with that key so f you've ever used your license on a prior computer and purchase a new one, you'll just sign into a little dialogue for your email and password, and then it will recognize what you have access to and you won't have to enter the code. In the near future if you buy an upgrade from Silhouette you will be able to apply the license keys directly to your account automatically, but if you buy your key from a third-party seller you'll have to add the code as you do now. Also you won't need to deactivate in the same way, it will just kick off the oldest computer if you exceed 3 at a time. I don't know if it works as I haven't the need to try
    Thank you Shirley

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Thanks Shirley

View Gallery

Shirley I have only tonight downloaded this latest Beta version of Studio and I again had the Runtime error. I took a screen snipe this time so attachment below.

Also when I open Studio and clicked on recent files it showed the files I was using last December, not the latest ones I have worked on and saved this week.
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

If you can let me know which version of Windows you have e.g 10, also is it 32 bit or 64 bit and are you up to date with all Windows updates and I will ask in the beta forum.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Anne View Post
    If you can let me know which version of Windows you have e.g 10, also is it 32 bit or 64 bit and are you up to date with all Windows updates and I will ask in the beta forum.
    Thanks Shirley. I have Windows 10, 64 bit and yes I am up to date with Windows updates. My p.c. is set for automatic updates.

As soon as I click 'ok' on the Runtime box it carries on installing.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    Thanks Shirley. I have Windows 10, 64 bit and yes I am up to date with Windows updates. My p.c. is set for automatic updates.

As soon as I click 'ok' on the Runtime box it carries on installing.
    Will let you know if and when I get a response Neries
    Last edited by Shirley Anne; 01-07-2021 at 11:37 AM.

View Gallery

Shirley thank you

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    Shirley thank you
    No definitive answer Neries but the opinion seems to be that it could be caused by something missing during the installation i.e the software is looking for a file within the computer that it can’t connect to so you could try uninstalling and then reinstalling Studio or, you may have a corrupted or missing Windows file. First of all check for Windows Updates again. If all is up to date you could try opening Apps & Features and see if you can see Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-19 Redistributable (x64). If it is there you could try a repair. Click on the file choose Modify and then Repair. Personally I don't like messing with things so if you want to risk it I would certainly create a system restore point first an of course this may not be the answer. Have you tried raising a support ticket with Silhoutte America to see what they say ?

View Gallery

Thanks Shirley.

I opened Apps & Features found 15 files of Microsoft Visual C++. The last two in the list being Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64) - 14.0.24212.0 dated 12/8/2020, also Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86) - 14.0.24212.0 dated 12/8/2020.

I am not brave enough to try modify & repair as there are so many of them, so will open a support ticket with Silhouette America. Once I click on ok with the runtime it does carry on installing, but is a bit of a nuisance because unless I am watching the screen closely I don't always see the runtime box when it appears in the task bar. I only notice when the installation stalls.

View Gallery

I think that’s the best thing to do Neries