Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Space

CARD MAKER AND CR OWNER
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Hi there again - just to put my twopenneth in - I am currently doing the Card Challenge No 2 each month and would be happy to add something like below when I post each months challenge :

A) Make sure that your pictures are a smaller size - (Tell me which size you would prefer)
    Back up your contributions yourselves as these challenges will only be held on UKS for - - - - (say 6 months or something?????)

If folk really want to save a particular picture then they should perhaps do so on their own equipment? I have a specific folder called Card Ideas and I store those things in there IYKWIM.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    yiayia that sounds perfect ...

I think don't specify a size just say a smaller size like for the normal gallery and maybe say they wont be held on UKS indefinitely rather than specify a time -

thank you so much x

CARD MAKER AND CR OWNER
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    OKEY DOKEY - Noted.

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Yes, that would be very helpful - really we have cleared out a fraction of what we need to. The Layout gallery is the thing I am most hesitant to delete,and the Cyber Crops, as those have historic value. I did delete pretty much any of the Junior Scrappers stuff that I could find and some of the pre-crop challenge stuff and swaps from the CyberCrops but moving forward the single biggest impact is the attachments.

I have identified the largest photography attachement and it is 7.2 mb uploaded in February - that is MASSIVE. I am going to reset the file size to 7mb and see what that does to this particular file. It may block it from view. if it does, then I will know the impact of changing the upload size. And I will have to think about how best to move forward.

OK - I guess it is good - changing the upload size to 7mb did NOT remove the image that was 7.22mb. SO I am setting the upload to 2mb moving forward. If you are someone who's images are consistently huge, I'll PM you to ask you to look at them and reduce the size. That should help a lot.

View Gallery

The ladies in the snap chat thread are all taking it on board and the uploads should be around 250kb maximum. Will help enormously.

View Gallery

Unfortunately I can't place a limit in one place only - not sure about 250kb for Gallery images, for example. I did pop in to say a bit thanks to Elaine, who really went to town on her photos! The 5 top Attachment posters are 5 people who all post a LOT in Photography, so if they are all taking it on board then we should be good with little else done .. so far as ATTACHMENTS go. The Gallery is still an issue and I am steeling myself for that once I check the back size on Monday to gauge the effect we have made so far.

View Gallery

I was so pleased Elaine addressed it as hers were huge. She has altered them all - an amazing job.
    I took the easy option and deleted mine as I couldn't face replacing them

some of the ladies are worried about replacing them and I don't think they need to worry ... just upload smaller in the future

Presumably when the old snap chat threads are deleted from 2020 backwards it will make a huge huge difference as those are all huge photos
    Last edited by scrapdolly; 08-05-2021 at 02:51 PM.

View Gallery

Everything that is going for SNAP is gone - unless it is OK for me to delete 2019 as well I did all but 2019-2021. Happy to collect the monthly prompts and delete 2019...

View Gallery

I think they could go to personally

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I’m happy with that too.
    Ellie

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    I’m happy for 2019 to go too. Glad we have got to the bottom of the problem.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    Hi
    Has the genealogy thread/forum been removed in the cull?
    I know I posted in it recently and now I can't find it. It could just be me but I thought I'd ask

Thanks

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Cris View Post
    Hi
    Has the genealogy thread/forum been removed in the cull?
    I know I posted in it recently and now I can't find it. It could just be me but I thought I'd ask

Thanks
    Yes it went. There was a big banner at the top for a weekend announcing it was going, as well as some discussion in here .

You can post your post in General Scrapping if you like - more people might actually see it there

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    Hi MaryAnne
    Thanks for replying
    I did see the banner but obviously missed that Genealogy was going. It's not a problem just that I couldn't find it when I looked . If I do need to post again, I will put it in General Scrapping
    Thank you

When you're in a hole ...... stop digging! juliab's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (54)
    To be honest I have stopped posting anything in my gallery because hardly anybody ever seems to look at them and even fewer comment. I think the only ones that get much traction are the people in teams or doing challenges. So feel free to delete all mine if t helps
    Julia

Christmas stocking swap 2020